Question of the Day, Wednesday, May 22, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: Many of us have a favorite color but not necessarily for everything. For example, you may like a red shirt but wouldn't paint your kitchen red. DH likes purple but I can't think of any purple clothes he has offhand. I like blue which is why I have a closet full of blue clothes.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR FOR THESE 4 DIFFERENT PURPOSES?
A. Clothing
B. Shoes
C. Car
D. Decorating or Home Decor

For me it would be A - Blue
B - Black or Brown
C. Silver
D. Taupe or Light Gray for walls & Blue for accents

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A. Clothing
B. Shoes
C. Car

B - Black or Brown
C. Silver

black
black
red
pastels

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A. Color especially tops, not so much blue but every other color. Pants neutral
B black , brown, gray
C Currently have black, but would prefer if they made it in nicer color
D Still colors, not afraid of color

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clothing:
Work: tan pants; black top
Everything else: blue pants; black top
Shoes:
Work: brown or black
Other: brown or white
Car: whatever color is on a car that I can afford
Home: light blue/gray walls and white trim

catloverfromwayback

Servant to the Ofurlords
Top Cat
Purraise
Clothes - I have no favourite, I like many. I mostly wear autumn colours in cold weather, but I also love pinks, purples, black, and some shades of green.
Shoes have to coordinate with whatever I'm wearing! I have black, brown, red and green boots.
Never had the money to get a car painted. My current one's a pale blue-grey called Mystique, very common. I'd quite like red.
Home decor I would like warm colours and florals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Car: whatever color is on a car that I can afford
I literally just heard on the news that people are keeping their cars longer than ever. They said the average length of time for a car now is 12.6 years. This is good news since I brought my car in earlier today for some repairs. They asked if I wanted a free quote on the car's value and I said, "what for?" I'm planning to keep it as long as I can.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A. Seasonally dependent: Plum for winter, blue for summer
B. Brown or black but I do enjoy my more colorful sneakers :lol:
C. Dark gray
D. Jewel tones; dark purples and sapphire blues especially

None of these are my absolute favorite color; lilac purple.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A. Clothing
B. Shoes
C. Car

Clothing In the fall and winter I like the earth tones, they are my favorite. In the spring and summer I get whatever looks good on me.

Shoes Black, Brown and in spring and summer white

Car My favorite is white because little dings and scratches don't show as much. If the best deal is some other color that is the one I get.

Decorating I like neutrals for the walls because anything goes with it. For everything else I get what I like and will go with what I already have

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: Many of us have a favorite color but not necessarily for everything. For example, you may like a red shirt but wouldn't paint your kitchen red. DH likes purple but I can't think of any purple clothes he has offhand. I like blue which is why I have a closet full of blue clothes.

A. Clothing
B. Shoes
C. Car

B - Black or Brown
C. Silver
A: Jeans, and a loose, comfortable earth-tone T-shirt or sweatshirt. I like to be comfortable and can't stand constricting clothing.
B: Black tennis shoes and/or tan sandals depending on the weather. I really like to be comfortable and can't stand uncomfortable shoes! (AKA I don't do heels!)
C: I love my red car and if I have it my way, will drive it forever.
D: Neutral tones on the walls and floors, with splashes of color as accents.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I really like to be comfortable and can't stand uncomfortable shoes!
:yeah: Ditto! I didn't do my feet any favors from all the years of running so I also like to be comfortable and live in gym shoes with an orthotic. I lean towards a blue or gray color shoe.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me too! Good support sneakers with orthotic. Heels? What heels haven't seen them in forever. I am incredibly color happy ( think 5 year old with that big box of crayons) and you can get sneaker with good support and color.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A. Clothing - I don't go by color, more by what I like. Now that my hair is grey/white, I can go with most any color.
B. Shoes - I think blue or grey, but I have a gorgeous pair of reddish-plum colored boots that I love to wear in the winter. And I have a pair of Brooks that is grey with purple trim. Believe it or not, I get a ton of compliments on those Brooks.
C. Car - Since most of my cars have been red, I guess I'd say red!
D. Decorating or Home Decor - Depends on where we're talking. In the house, I'm more subdued and will go with natural colors. In the WeShed? Purple!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
And I have a pair of Brooks that is grey with purple trim. Believe it or not, I get a ton of compliments on those Brooks.
I work out in Brooks Ghost and agree they're a great shoe for the gym or walking anywhere. :thumbsup:

Heels? What heels haven't seen them in forever.
I kept one pair of very low heels just in case but prefer flats if I have to wear a dress which isn't too often.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work out in Brooks Ghost and agree they're a great shoe for the gym or walking anywhere. :thumbsup:

I kept one pair of very low heels just in case but prefer flats if I have to wear a dress which isn't too often.
I have to look up these Brooks Ghost. I have heard about them a few times lately. I have major lifelong issues in purchasing shoes that work well for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have to look up these Brooks Ghost. I have heard about them a few times lately. I have major lifelong issues in purchasing shoes that work well for me.
Ditto, especially since I have to be able to fit an orthotic in the shoe and have it be comfortable. I used to wear Saucony for long distance running but my sister who's a marathoner convinced me to try Brooks Ghost.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. Clothing: I love color with everything in my life but I am still always drawn to dark gray clothing. I also like bright green because I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. It's definitely my color.
B. Shoes: I pretty much only buy tennis shoes nowadays, so it is really down to how expensive they are. If I could choose any color though, I'd probably go with light or dark gray with accents of a bright color like pink, purple or blue.
C. Car: I prefer red the most, but my parents have a blue car that actually looks pretty cool, so I wouldn't mind having that either.
D. Decorating or Home Decor: Oh boy, again, I love color and definitely do not fear using it everywhere in my house. My bedroom is turquoise for example and my basement is two shades of purple and teal. Another room is pink, my bathroom is aqua with coral and gray accents, and my craft room is gray with a yellow accent wall that has pink, blue and purple stenciled flowers. My living room is the next room I plan on painting and I'd love to do a bluebird color like this one:
1716775375265.jpeg