Question of the Day, Wednesday, March 22, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :angrycat: Normally I use a happy or cute cat emoji for QOTD but not today. When leaving the house this morning I was driving down the street near a school. I had the right of way when all of a sudden a car tried to cut me off and make a left turn right in front of me. I used the word "tried" because this has happened before near the school but this time I laid on my horn and didn't let go to get their attention. The driver did stop and I tried to give them a dirty look with a few choice words but they wouldn't look at me, probably because they knew they were wrong. Fortunately it was before school started and there were no children crossing. It was not a good start to my day! Which leads to my question of the day...............

WHAT MAKES YOU MAD OR GETS YOU UPSET?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For things that really irritate me on a day-to-day basis it is people being inconsiderate of other people. What happened to you is part of that. It seems like there is so much more of 'everything is about me' thinking. There is just a lot more of people trying to cut in line, loud music especially late at night and getting into an express line which is usually self-checkout with a cart full. I don't say anything, people are entirely too short tempered for that now. I will stare at them and often they will look at me with a defiant look like 'what are you going to do about it'.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,speaking of school zones,it gets my hackles in an uproar when people pull out and pass a stopped school bus.Then there are those who don't show any respect and pull over for a funeral procession.They're usually the same ones who don't give emergency vehicles the right of way,whether it's fire,rescue,law enforcement,ambulances.Cruelty to animals.Child abuse.I could go on,but I'll stop there.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really experience anger very often, but when I do it is usually because my dogs are being annoying or comment sections on news articles and Twitter threads. I once started shaking in rage when someone I went to high school with claimed that vaccines cause autism and got into a debate with me. I'm autistic, so I was angry that she was basically diminishing my existence and implying that I am not a worthy person.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I am no good at expressing anger, for a whole host of reasons, but I do feel what Denice is saying…just take a step back, people— it isn’t always about you. Courtesy goes a long way and we’re all in this together.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cruelty to animals. People can take care of themselves or remove themselves from a situation. Animals cannot. It makes my blood boil, but until we get stronger laws passed that actually mandate jail time we will keep hearing about it.
I get especially upset when I see a dead cat on the side of the road, to tears. that is almost daily around here on the highway. It brings back awful memories......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You mean other than T****? He makes me spit fire. (Hey, you asked.)

The drivers on the road. Evidently nobody knows how to use turn signals anymore. Nobody knows how to stop for stop signs. People seem to love to tailgate. And the roads are packed, even on weekdays....doesn't anybody work anymore? We don't even go anywhere on weekends; since we retired and since the whole Covid thing, our in-store shopping is done during the week.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean other than T****? He makes me spit fire. (Hey, you asked.)

The drivers on the road. Evidently nobody knows how to use turn signals anymore. Nobody knows how to stop for stop signs. People seem to love to tailgate. And the roads are packed, even on weekdays....doesn't anybody work anymore? We don't even go anywhere on weekends; since we retired and since the whole Covid thing, our in-store shopping is done during the week.
Oh yeah, T++++ makes my blood boil.

That is why I'm glad I no longer drive. When a officer pulled me over for aggressive driving I decided it was time for me to quit. I was not really aggressive but sometimes I would get so angry when people would cut me off, tailgate and talk on their phones. Traffic is horrible no matter what time or day you drive on.