QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2021

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have no credit cards at all.Don't want any either.
If you don't mind me asking, during the pandemic most of the stores by us would not accept cash so how would you pay for essential items?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't mind me asking, during the pandemic most of the stores by us would not accept cash so how would you pay for essential items?
You can link things like PayPal to your bank account. I assume something like that or Venmo or Zelle?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know people who live on cash (and money orders bought with cash) only. It does severely limit where you can shop, and they'll probably never get a mortgage, but that's not a problem for them.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Credit Card, only because I need it for my online hotel booking reservations for our travels. Most hotels do not accept debit cards for reservations unless I pay in advance.

And 1 Debit card, a requirement for all workers from where I am for salary transfers.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is this thing you speak of called”wallet”? “Money”? “Credit cards” ? I know not of these things. I do have a case of prescription cat food in my trunk!😹

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Discover credit card I've had for over 20 years. I also have some store cards but I don't think they are still active. I use my credit card to buy everything and rarely use cash. I pay off my balance every month so I don't have to pay interest and I have excellent credit. Some years ago I really went into debt due to some bad choices I made and $10,000 in vet bills over a period of 1 year. But I was able to get my balance paid off and have not had any more problems.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't mind at all.There's really only 3 places I shop and I never heard of an issue with a cash only situation where we live.The cashiers I went thru were all wearing gloves along with their masks...even those on the salesfloor were wearing gloves.But we do have a debit card from our bank and we used it with no problem.