Question Of The Day, Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
See? I fixed the alarm!

Now, what was your favorite subject in high school, and why did you like it so much?

Easy for me, or almost. Generally, English. I just love language. The "almost" comes in because I took a Creative Writing course my Junior year, and that was my all-time favorite course.

I think I might have fallen in love with history if I had had teachers who weren't just spitting out names and dates. Every one of them made the subject so dry that you expected to see camels walking down the aisles!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Biology. I loved it and got straight A's. I also enjoyed English Lit.

In college, I took a course, Biogeography and Soils...it was part of my major and it was a fascinating class. I took a Professional Writing Skills class and a Technical Writing class and I loved them, too. I love to write.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Art and French were my favorites in high school.

That was almost 40 years ago. Often, these days I have dreams at night that I have the chance to go back to college and study everything there is to know about language and communication.

May I add that my least favorite subject was physical education because every class involved the teacher choosing two students to be captains. The two captains then took turns choosing a student from the class to be on their team. Well, I was 99.9% of the time, the leftover. I remember very fondly, the favor my mom did of writing me an excuse note for class one day because I could not face being the last one left. I really would hope that this does not happen these days.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
art and math, equally my favorites. and it was in large part because of the teachers.

i love to learn. these days i read a lot, a lot of historical fiction and history. and it's the same for the books i read as it was with teachers in (high) school, if they're dry and just spitting out facts and dates then i'm not interested in the subject.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Science...I love learning about biology, physics, basically anything science.

I also loved photography. It's just too bad that even with the class, I still can't take a decent picture.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Latin and Floriculture were my favorites. I didn't really like memorizing vocabulary in Latin (and we weren't made to only speak or write in Latin); but I really enjoyed learning about the culture, architecture and things like that. I had the same Latin teacher all 4 years of high school. She was great. She even sent me a wedding present when I got married. :lol:

Floriculture was just fun. And lately it's probably the subject I use the most. After English I suppose. :lol: