QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Summer is starting to heat up where I live and the forecast is calling for temps in the 90's through next week. I'm not a big fan of hot weather and neither is Carleton. :greenpaw: Growing up we did not have air-conditioning until I was a teenager and it was only a room a/c unit in the bedroom. But before having a/c my dad taught us to put a cool washcloth on our forehead or run cold water on our wrist as a way to temporarily cool off. I still do that to this day if it's uncomfortably hot and I can not be somewhere that has air-conditioning. Dad always knew best! :hearthrob:

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY -
"HOW DO YOU COOL OFF WHEN IT'S HOT OUTSIDE BESIDES TURNING ON THE AIR-CONDITIONING?"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I turn on the ceiling fans and find shorts and a tank. During the day I open windows for a beeeze. DH is quick to turn the ac in though. He works in the heat and our road is too noisy for sleeping with windows open. Dump trucks pass our house starting very early every day from a commercial place across the street.

Growing up we didn’t use the ac to save money even when we had it. Its hot and humid here! So I’ve spent a lot of nights trying to sleep with open windows and fans. At my grandparents in the summer we’d keep the house dark. Or hang out in the basement. My parents don’t have a basement though.

If all else fails; I go for an icepop or a popsicle.:biggrin:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there's any breeze at all, I can sit on our front porch. It faces north and is covered, so until late afternoon there is shade. Also, I can hibernate in the basement, as even without a/c, it never gets above 70 there. It's that massive rubble foundation. Iced tea or water works for me, too.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
feezing a wet wash cloth, small towel etc. then stretching it back open and placing it on my balded head to thaw out works great along with soaking a bath towel wringing out the water then lay down using the towel to cover myself in front of a fan .works great until if/when the water becomes sweat :lol: heat doesnt bother me as bad either now since i got my blood pressure under control

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My front porch faces the north and is in the shade most of the time,so I'll open the front door first,and there almost always seems to be a breeze..I have ceiling fans in the din ing room and our bedroom so they'll be going,and then there's also the pedestal fans.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of cold water, Ice Cream or Frozen Yougert. I am on a diet right now, so I got to start stocking up on the low fat ice cream for those hot days ahead. 🌞🌡🥵

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We don’t have central AC. We will open all windows and doors in the house. We have French doors in the kitchen; both doors open. We will turn the ceiling fan on, which draws the air into the living room windows and then out the French doors. Creates a nice breeze. We have a window fan in the bedroom. We do have AC in the WeShed, so if it gets really bad, we’ll hang out there.

If all else fails, I’ll go hang out in the pool for a while.