QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2, 2021

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a fan I could wear around my neck when I went shopping/doctor's office because they were always so hot. At home I always had fans going in addition to A/C.

The first house we had as a kid did not have A/C and we had window fans in all the windows. When it was really hot my mother let us sleep on the screen in pourch. Even that was unbearable at times.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never encountered a/c until my first duty station at Bethesda Naval Hospital, and there in the recovery room/ICU, for obvious reasons. That, and the OR suite were the only places, though. Since then, we had done without it until 2005 when we bought our first house. The furnace was over 30 years old and needed replacing, so when we did we had the central a/c added as well. How we got along for so many years without it never ceases to amaze me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The furnace was over 30 years old and needed replacing, so when we did we had the central a/c added as well. How we got along for so many years without it never ceases to amaze me.
I think we got along without it because it was either too expensive or we didn't grow up with it. I remember going to a wedding over an hour away and we didn't have a/c in the car. It was extremely hot and humid so by the time we arrived at the wedding I felt like my dress was sticking to my back and my makeup was dripping off my face. :hmmm: But if you think about it, we got along without cell phones, laptops, plasma tv's, etc. and we survived just fine.😉

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we got along without it because it was either too expensive or we didn't grow up with it. I remember going to a wedding over an hour away and we didn't have a/c in the car. It was extremely hot and humid so by the time we arrived at the wedding I felt like my dress was sticking to my back and my makeup was dripping off my face. :hmmm: But if you think about it, we got along without cell phones, laptops, plasma tv's, etc. and we survived just fine.😉
When Michele and I got married, it was in a church built in 1879, so no a/c. It was so hot that even with all the windows open people were sweating- a lot. I was sweating so much that when it came time to take the ring and put it on her finger, I couldn't pick it up from the book, but instead had to slide it off into my hand. Hot weather and me have never played well together.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be interested in Yasso Bars. They're made with greek yogurt and only 100 calories per bar. My favorite is the coffee chocolate chip. Here's a link to all their flavors: Yasso Bars | Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt
Thanks, I need to look into that. I have passed by that item plenty of times to buy ice cream.:lol: I usually get my frozen Yougert from a yougert place called Red Mango. Their yougert is heavenly. However it is not cheap, so I will look into Yasso. Thanks again for the tip. 🙂