QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since we don't have a basement I tend to store things in closets that typically don't belong there. For several years I would hide my kids' gifts for birthdays, holidays, etc. in my bedroom closet, that is until they discovered my hiding place. :wink: But I still put things in closets besides the obvious, e.g. clothes, shoes or accessories, that don't belong there. For example, my upstairs closet still has some old lesson plans and instruction books from when I was teaching, (don't ask me why).:dunno: My downstairs closet which is by the front door for coats also has a scale, candles, photo albums, outdoor decorations and cat food in it.

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY -
WHAT ITEMS DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR CLOSET BESIDES THE OBVIOUS ONES THAT DON'T BELONG THERE?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My house is blessed with an abundance of closets ( four hallway closets plus long closets in each bedroom) so pretty much everything from crock pots to pillows to tools is stored in one or another. One hallway is used as a pantry, another as a linen closet, one as a cleaning products and trash closet. The fourth and largest is 4 x 10, so in addition to holding coats, it also holds suitcases, coolers, bulk paper products, vacuum cleaner and parts, frequently used tools and tape, flashlights etc.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have three closets in the house. Not enough! Our master bedroom closet is very deep, but it has a lot of stuff. Christmas items that we can’t store in the basement, boxes of stuff that we probably could go through and get rid of. The second bedroom closet has stuff that belongs to our son. We keep telling him to get his butt up here and go through it. The hall closet has coats, also our vacuum and dusting stuff. Basically our house is not big enough.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I plea the 5th! :flail:

There are boxes in DD's closet from when we moved into our house. It's craft stuff and things I had in our old office. My wedding dress is in DS's closet. Our master closet has those sterilite drawer units with excess school supplies. DH can't stand our closet. We just need a house with a dedicated school room. ;)

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, for a start, on the floor of a closet for winter clothes and blankets, I have stacked 2 heavy boxes of travel guides and road maps of cities where I happened to spend perhaps a couple of days on business 10 or more years ago.
I kept them hoping to revisit some of these places when I retired. But, my partner won't travel and I have done enough travelling alone for one lifetime. I could imagine one of the grandchildren cutting out some of the pictures for school projects. But, who does scrapbooking these days? Who wants a 20-year-old street map of Barcelona or a 100 page guide to Athens from 199?? It will be better to bin the lot!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cabinet sitting in my bedroom walk-in closet with my checkbook refills, tax papers,and odds and ends. Upstairs there is a mirror sitting in one I haven't decided what to do with yet, in the library closet there is even some boxes I haven't unpacked yet. Mostly books waiting for a garage sale and other things I really don't need. After taking care of all my parent's stuff, I really want to downsize. it's ridiculous we have stuff I haven't even seen in twenty years!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one closet in my house and it's jammed crammed full...of everything you can imagine.I need to take a day and go thru things,but I still have no place for that to go.Sigh....

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much books, DVDs, CDs, and some exercise equipment (resistance bands, jump rope, and a stepper). Oh, and a bowling bowl. :lol: I haven't bowled in ages and since all the bowling alleys near me closed down, I will have to find a new one. Does anyone bowl anymore???

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 bedrooms and a bonus room. Everything but clothes in the bonus room closet, I couldn't even tell you what all at the moment. In the guest bedroom closet, mostly yarn and craft stuff. Our clothes are in the master bedroom closet, shoes are in the downstairs coat closet. I'm in the process of cleaning out and getting rid of everything we no longer want/need (donating what is usable, tossing what isn't) It's amazing how much stuff accumulates in 25+ years.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a lot of weird stuff in my closets. I don't have huge closets, but most of them don't have much in them. I'm trying to think of things that are interesting and all I can think of are like the bags of couch stuffing that I took from an old couch because I will use it to stuff toys that I crochet.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much books, DVDs, CDs, and some exercise equipment (resistance bands, jump rope, and a stepper). Oh, and a bowling bowl. :lol: I haven't bowled in ages and since all the bowling alleys near me closed down, I will have to find a new one. Does anyone bowl anymore???
I used to, but a bum shoulder brought that to a screeching halt- after I had my best season ever, naturally.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to, but a bum shoulder brought that to a screeching halt- after I had my best season ever, naturally.
Sorry that your shoulder pain put an end to your bowling. At least you got to enjoy it for a good while and finished out with an awesome season. You probably have a lot of good bowling experiences to share with others. Sadly, I don't think the younger generations took to bowling, that's why there are so few bowling Alleys around anymore. At least it seems that way in my neck of the woods.🙂