Question Of The Day, Wednesday, June 13, 2018

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a bit superstitious.

The guy I sit next to in class was repeating the black cat crossing your path thing, and I said that must be why my luck is so bad, because I have a black cat crossing my path every single day. That shut him up :lol:
I always wonder how my luck is because I have had 2 black cats in my life who follow me everywhere. I'm obviously not superstitious when it comes to black cats.
I do have OCD though, so I wouldn't say I'm superstitious, just mentally ill. :flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - This is just plain silly. Brooms and bristles and whiskers, why I... hey... wait a minute... my Snowshoe sleeps on her stomach, with her whiskers pointed straight down, and....

Hey - how long will she have to say on her back before the Virtue to runs back into the cat???
LOL, I don't think that it works that way with cats...although finding a shed whisker is said to bring good luck. As for the virtue...Hekitty didn't have much of that to begin with. Half the time she is sin on four paws.

OH, and I'm in touch with the OCD thing. But mine, thankfully, is very mild.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's not superstition; that's common sense. You shouldn't walk under ladders if you can help it; tools and paint cans and such can fall on you, and you can upset the ladder while someone is on it.

I have a few superstitions, though nothing as, um, colorful as yours, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 .

My superstitions:
  • When I discover a new product that I really, really like, the company making it will either go out of business soon or change the product so that it's not as good.
Margret
OR ... everyone else will find it, like it and the stores won't be able to keep it in stock so it will never be there when you need/want it. :mad2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , I'd say Harrigan is a bit of both! Why can't some superstitions be facts? We used to consider all magic to be rank superstition, but studies in Noetics seem to indicate that thought does, indeed, affect reality. And that's all magic (not illusion) really is.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, i'm not superstitious at all. i firmly believe that i make my own 'luck'/make good things happen by making the effort on them. but i also believe that whether things happen (including when they happen), depends on whether they're meant to/are in (insert your choice of 'powers that be') plans for me.

i do have several 'hex' signs in our home, though. :dunno: i've always loved them, since i was a kid.