Question Of The Day, Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colonoscopy. :fear: Brain surgery (hey, I did that once, and once was enough!).

Apropos of nothing, I was once in a shop that was trying to get rid of their cheap costume jewelry. They were advertising an "I.Q. Test" sale: Buy one pair of earrings for $5.00, or buy 2 pairs for $2.00. To no one's surprise they were doing a booming business in cheap earrings.

Margret

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A medical test called an EMG. When I had one done I was literally screaming.
Never again. I have an entrapped ulnar nerve in my right elbow and the test was to determine how much muscle damage there was. Electrodes are stuck into your arm by a tech. Then the neurologist came in and electricity is turned on. There were about 30 electrodes stuck in my arm. He then stuck them into my left arm to determine what was normal.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prior to my spinal surgery (has it really been 35 years?) they performed a test called a myelogram, where you lay on your side and they use a needle that feels like it is 7 feet long to inject dye into the spinal canal. You absolutely cannot move even a fraction of an inch without risking permanent cord injury. Afterwards, you have to lay perfectly flat on your back for several hours or risk a monster headache. Such fun. So yeah, that would top my list for a worst BOGO..

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love buy one get one free on anything dental! They never have sales. :(

I can't think of many things I wouldn't want to go on sale. Maybe snakes? But I'm never gonna buy a snake. :dunno:
I agree. Medical/dental procedures aren't cheap even with insurance. If I had a medical condition, even an unpleasant one, I'd want a free visit to make sure I was good to go so I know I'm better. That doesn't mean I'd WANT that condition.

DD needs all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I wish I could find a coupon for those. The tooth fairy won't be there to pay the copay.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a huge sign in my Dr.'s office about buying procedures online. The more you buy, the cheaper the procedures are. Not exactly a BOGO, but pretty close.

I can see it...."I want this procedure, oh, and that one, and maybe this one". lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a huge sign in my Dr.'s office about buying procedures online. The more you buy, the cheaper the procedures are. Not exactly a BOGO, but pretty close.

I can see it...."I want this procedure, oh, and that one, and maybe this one". lol
"Yeah, could I get a #3, with a side of colonoscopy and a large wart removal?...what? Oh, sure, I'll take a stress test for an extra $.49...."
:crazy: