Question of the day Wednesday July 8

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Poppycat was hanging out in the garage longer than usual lately, just sitting on the mat at the bottom of the steps now and then. Come to find out there was a 🐁 mouse, and Poppy's behavior helped point out that a hole needed to be re-covered.

What are some ways your cat acts similarly to a dog :) ?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go for walks and he trots besides me like a dog...waits for me to catch up if he gets ahead and comes when called.
And gets excited if I say the walk word.
Going home is a different story..its a race to see who gets home first and find him waiting at the door meowing like ..you took your time..lol

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy sometimes plays catch. Flora chases her tail. Flora also is always trying to eat my food (I've never had that problem with the other two). Maisie doesn't really have any dog-like characteristics.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puar will play fetch if he's in the mood. He also chases his tail, but exclusively in the shower stall of the bathroom. He likes to poke his nose in the trash every once in awhile too :rolleyes:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy - She's pretty catlike. :lol:

Tango - About 90% of the time if she's sleeping and she hears me, she'll wake up and come trotting over to me so I can pet her.

Squee was the only cat I ever had who played fetch.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never had a dog, so I don't really know dog traits, other than fetch, which Ruby doesn't do. She likes sleeping next to me, and if not on my lap, she needs to be touching me. Is that a dog trait?