Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 19, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid to ask, but what is this smiley ... doing? What is that on its head? Is it an alien?
:confused2:
I think it was called "Brain Slug" but I was thinking "brain sucker." :lol:

When I'm stressed out, I can put a baseball game on the radio and the sounds of the announcers and of the game calm me down. Isn't that weird!?
I think baseball in the background can be soothing. Nascar in the background is too harsh; hence, a brain slug!
:thumbsup:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are people here who also watch dressage and show jumping? :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Yay!

Especially dressage. I'm usually surrounded by folks who don't even know what that is! or simply underestimate it. I heart dressage, my father was a grand Prix competitor and it is what I'm trained in.

Ahem. Anyway.

I enjoy watching:

Soccer/football
Rugby
Equestrian
Ski Jumping
Figure Skating
Track and Field, preferably high jump, pole vaulting, javelin, relay, long distance.
Rodeo
Long Track Speed Skating

And I do like watching Le Tour de France, even though I don't watch cycling for the rest of the year. I like the crazy atmosphere (Goodness those fans sometimes...) the scenery and the historical sites where they show aerial views of them and give tidbits.

And I sometimes watch tennis with my mom. I like tennis, though depends who is playing.

Really dislike hockey, American football, baseball, basketball, curling and car racing, all of which are of course popular here in this continent, Oi!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To those of you who like dressage, may I present the Hip Hop Horse? :lol:

I prefer to jump myself, but dressage is definitely an incredibly amazing sport.

OH TOO WONDERFUL FOR WORDS! Wish there had been less crowd and more horse, but...you will never convince me that that horse didn't like that music!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is Western reining to music - I don't ride Western, but this blew me away - that self carriage and lightness :redheartpump::

cassiopea cassiopea I love dressage done right (as in following classical equitation principles - don't get me started on the rolkur, draw reins etc :bat:). It's just so beautiful to watch, and feels amazing to ride when the horse is really tuned in to your every move and breath :cloud9:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...I was going to link some Youtube videos of the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, but there were so many lovely ones, I couldn't choose! But for dressage, they are the absolute masters. I'm so glad that the magnificent "Airs Above the Ground" are no longer taught to allow a horse to take a sword slash for his rider! The origin of all dressage is in the ancient training of battle horses. Regardless, it is a beautiful thing to watch!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've played lots of sports and still enjoy watching. I enjoy football, basketball, and several other college sports. Some pro sports also.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just started thinking; do you consider dance a sport? Whether it's a professional dance performance or a competition show on TV; you can't deny the athleticism involved. I enjoy watching most dance things. Some of the modern pieces aren't my favorite; but I can still appreciate them. If we had cable; I'd probably watch a lot of them regularly.

But I don't think people always consider dancers as athletes. I remember having a conversation about ballet with my DH because of a movie I was watching (and he was grumbling about) and saying something like "but have you ever seen a ballet? Some of those male dancers are bigger than ___." I don't remember what I compared them to. :lol: But seriously.

Heres an example:

Or this beautiful dance:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't watch any competitive sports, but I do watch a lot of yoga videos. Mainly to inspire myself or give me ideas of new asanas that I can try to incorporate into my practice.

Sometimes I watch videos of yoga done at levels I will never reach, but it's still great to see other people doing it.

Like this one for instance. :sigh: Wouldn't it be wonderful......?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nope.. virtually nothing. I do watch a little bit of tennis.