Question Of The Day. Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My Pet Woolly Mammoth used to do the same thing. Except touching my eyelid usually ended up with me in an eye patch... =D

Also, how do cats know when you're faking being asleep?:headscratch:
Cleaning up after a woolly mammoth in the era before clumping litter took tremendous dedication. And a huge bucket.

Yes, how do they know? Because they do. I’ve always assumed that it’s the change in the tempo of my breathing.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
C'est Moi will go into the kitchen and open the cupboard doors and let them slam shut, while being very vocal with loud meows. Or else, she will sit and stare at me.

Olivie will follow me around and squeak at me with her little kitten squeaks. When she wants me to get out of bed, she will very lightly touch my mouth with her paw.

Hotaru will come into whichever room I'm in and start meowing..meow, meow, meow. She's a strong jumper and she will sometimes jump up onto my shoulders...unfortunately she doesn't always remember to keep her claws sheathed. If she wants me to wake up, she will nuzzle my face and give me kitty kisses.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning up after a woolly mammoth in the era before clumping litter took tremendous dedication. And a huge bucket.

Yes, how do they know? Because they do. I’ve always assumed that it’s the change in the tempo of my breathing.
Mine do nose to nose when I'm really asleep and I wake up to this wide-angle shot of a cat staring at me like "....foods?"

I threw out my bucket and shovel and invested in an earth mover =D

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy swats at me, paws at things near me or just comes and sits on me. Maisie sits and stares at me or sits on my hip while I'm sleeping and she really only wants my attention when she wants food.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo will rub against my knee. He also will lie next to my foot and wave his tail so that it brushes my ankle. Other than that he will stare at me. He is not very demanding compared to my other cats.

Seal sits on the back of the chair behind me and will pat me on the head or on my shoulder. He knows I get really focused on what I am doing, so it is a claws out activity. Ouch! Sometimes he will nuzzle the back of my head. Also he likes to jump in my chair just as I am about to sit down. I am embarrassed to say that it took me a few weeks to figure out what he wants when he does this. I guess he saw that I needed more guidance and now he also rolls over showing his inviting belly and making the message clear that he wants pets! He will also meow pitifully at feeding time.

Diamond will scream or rub against things that make lots of noise. He can get some serious noises out of one of screen doors! He will also rear up on his hind legs and come down with each foot separately. Thump, thump! I call it the horsey noise.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy swats at me, paws at things near me or just comes and sits on me. Maisie sits and stares at me or sits on my hip while I'm sleeping and she really only wants my attention when she wants food.
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 I have one like this!! Ignores us until it's feeding time then we're BFF's. She's very independent but kind of needy when it comes to food =)

Yesterday I had a male that was after my attention. I have no idea what was up with him but he tripped me, followed me chirping and making weird noises that sounded like a strangled snake and stole my milk by drinking out of the cup (he's NOT a food thief usually.) Something got into him!!
Then the dog stole my lunch (eggs) and I just gave up and accepted my spot on the food chain...aka the bottom.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I am laying on the couch Alice will come and sit on the floor stare a little then start with the meowing. I will switch to my back and she will jump up on me. She will then start grooming my face and settle in for a nap on me.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She jumps on my stomach or chest and sticks her butt in my face. She will continue sticking her butt in my face until I abandon whatever I was doing and pet her.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper licks my toes :lol:
Cocoa is famous for flopping over and exposing her belly when she wants to be noticed :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton rolls over on his back with paws curled/tucked under - he looks so irresistible that he knows he'll get plenty of attention. :happycat:

I hope that @Mamanyt1953 is feeling a little better today and can return to TCS soon. We definitely miss her wit and wisdom. :heartshape:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carleton rolls over on his back with paws curled/tucked under - he looks so irresistible that he knows he'll get plenty of attention. :happycat:
We have one that goes flat on her back with the front paws completely curled. Looks like she's driving an upside down invisible motorcycle =D

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo is very vocal. He comes close to me, stares, and then meows loudly. He keeps this up until I give in and do what he wants, which usually is feed him. Lily pops up on my lap, walks right up my chest until she's about an inch from my face, then slow blinks. It's hard to read with a kitty face in mine. And that walking up my chest can be painful when she steps on the hillocks there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I can't get over all the different ways our cats ask for demand our attention! They've all figured out what works, though. :petcat:

I'm enjoying reading all the descriptions so much - I feel like I can actually see and hear everyone's cats in action. From this safe distance, they all sound adorable but I have a feeling that getting a butt in the face or a howl in the ear are not always that welcome! And that's just the beginning. Wow. These guys do not give up, do they? :lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my three usually either follow me around the house, or hop up on my lap. to wake me up Dude snuggles under the covers with me, DeeDee goes under the covers and immediately back out again, again and again; and our Punky will walk up near the bed and meow a couple of times.