Question of the day, Wednesday July 13 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, almost afternoon, and another Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kitty: I had a question planned for today but ever since returning from vacation I've been having trouble with my cell phone. I made an appointment at the Verizon store and hope they can troubleshoot the problem and fix it for me. I also hope I get a rep. who is knowledgeable and understanding.:crossfingers:

QUESTION OF THE DAY -
WHO IS YOUR CELL PHONE CARRIER AND ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THEM?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For years, I used Virgin Mobile, but then I had to replace my old 3G flip phone. Michele got me a smartphone from Consumers Cellular, and while the service is OK, I hate the phone itself.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a smartphone that I purchased from Walmart I never have had any issues using their prepaid cards.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my cell service from Xfinity because it’s a really good deal. 2 gigs of Data and unlimited text and calling for $14.50 a month. They actually get and resell the service from Verizon so the network is very reliable. I have an IPhone 7 but rarely use much data on it so a capped plan like this a great for me.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t use AT&T! I just spent 8 hours, three days and drove an hour away to a physical store to get transferred to US Cellular. No complaints about US Cellular…would recommend them to anyone, after what I just went through.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always had Verizon. I have no real complaints. My current cell doesn't get the best reception from my house. I suspect it's my phone and not Verizon though because I've had better reception with other phones. And sometimes DH and I will have our phones side by side and they have different bars. I just use wi-fi assist for calling and it's fine. It's actually worse on one side of my house than the other; so I must really be in that one little spot where coverage isn't exceptional around here. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have AT&T, have had them for years since they were Cingular. I know they are one of the more expensive ones but I have had no issues so I have stuck with them.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a $10 a month plan with Page Plus. They use the Verizon network which works best around here. The service is funny sometimes, but I'm not a phone person anyway.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a $10 a month plan with Page Plus. They use the Verizon network which works best around here. The service is funny sometimes, but I'm not a phone person anyway.
Oh do I hear you! I only just last week upgraded my iPhone, from the first one they put out. I used payphones til the last one gasped its last gasp. I can’t even use the thing to call anyone at home…only a landline. (I wonder if a remake of Sorry Wrong Number would work w/ cellphones).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've used Verizon forever and are very happy with it.We don't have a smart phone.....don't want one either.....so just a flip phone and it works just fine for us.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have Verizon and have been happy with them. I had to drop AT&T after I needed the phone for two back to back emergencies a few years ago and had no network coverage. I had to ask someone in a parking lot if they could make a call for me.

About 3 months ago we had a Verizon problem in the area, to which they admitted and which they corrected. However, about a month ago it was clear that my old iPhone was done, and I did get a new one.

Sorry, Wrong Number.....that was a very creepy movie as it approached the finale.

I never hesitate to use the "what can you do for me since I have been a loyal customer" line, backed up by the "I would hate to have to drop you" line.