Question of the day Wednesday July 1

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy July, everyone!

I've always been amazed at the feline genetic/DNA "rules" that determine eye color, the shape and set of the ears, how the brain perceives the signals and information the nose sends it, the length of fur and whiskers...

My Poppycat is a long-haired black cat, and he's beautiful :purr: :hearthrob:

What is your favorite coat pattern - solid, or multicolored?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 5 black babies..Vincie girl's hair go red highlights in summer. I would have to say
black but I love all colors, from blue to muli and of course calico since My Cal is calico and maine coon.
she is lovely.💞

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from one of our fosters, 25 years ago, we have never had a solid-colored cat. We had two tuxedos, and all of our present gang are tabbies of one variety or another, so I would go with the multi-colored.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Technically, I suppose solid, since the shaded cats are solid with a gene that cause the hair color to be pushed to the tips of the coat. My favorite are the shaded cats.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like patterned cats, whether calico patterns or tuxedo or tabby. I can spend hours admiring their patches or stripes and all their unique features. And I especially love sleek, very short haired cats.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just for my favorite with how they look it would be a pointed cat. I will probably never have one though. From what I understand they are the first ones to get adopted from shelters and rescues so if one happens to be there when I am there they probably haven't been there long and will be adopted. I will stick with the ones that aren't so lucky as far as getting adopted.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been partial to tabbies, mostly because nearly every cat I've ever had was a tabby, but I also have a big soft spot for black cats. Of course, I have a black cat, so I'm biased. :) But it goes without saying that I like all cat colours and patterns.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two orange tabbies, so I quite like patterned coats, but it depends on the individual coat in question!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I love them all, and marvel at the patterns, but solid black (and with green eyes, espcially!) is my favorite color.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Almost all our cats have been long-haired. We've had many shades/colors but the bi-colors are probably my favorite.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In general, I'd say multi-colored, but it wasn't until my parents adopted their cat, Kirby, that I really started to love black cats.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like most colors/patterns though I have to say that orange tabby is not really my thing, for whatever reason I just find looking at them a little boring haha, maybe it's because of Garfield... I've had a tuxedo, a calico, and a Turkish Van, so I've never had a single colored cat but I do like them. Puar (my current cat) is interesting to me because his fur seems to be peppery colored and he has spots where the brown/orange comes through stronger than the gray. I like soft or sleek fur, usually short to medium length. Never had a long-haired cat!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t know. My soul-kitty was a tabby/tuxie. So was Bunny and I was drawn to her. Mooch is a tuxie and shes my baby so I could say that. But I loved the blue silver of Noodles fur too. Pumpkin is a light orange and I like that better than dark orange. Olivia is a very diluted calico. More gray than orange. She’s kind of stunning.

I think thisquestion is impossible for me to answer. :lol: