Question of the day Wednesday January 27

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
All three like both catnip and silvervine. Interestingly, Mocha didn’t react to either when I first adopted her. She was semi-feral, and I’ve wondered if her fear and self-preservation instinct caused her to resist “getting high”—losing control and putting herself at risk. Now that she’s a happy, mostly relaxed and trusting kitty, she’s all over the stuff! :redheartpump:

I couldn’t give catnip to Max. He was a mean drunk. :lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've yet to try anything but catnip. None of my cats seem to be affected by it, but a semi-feral who I used to feed a few years ago went CRAZY for it... He would drool, roll around, and was clearly in pure bliss :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure definitely likes it. Sopdet does but she's like the being talked into it type of cat. Tourmaline only likes to sniff it. She won't eat it at all. And Gypsy goes wild rolling around. BTW: raccoons also like catnip as I observed last night. They all love the Meojiwana

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The Yeow brand Catnip has Geoffrey’s name all over it! He has a multi colored fish— called a trout, that he goes wild for.
I have to always keep and extra one in stock. Crazy.
I tried silvervine— nothing.

I find it ironic: Artie loved the Yeow catnip toys. Geoffrey’s favorite is the “trout”.

I found Artie’s original adoption recyfrom when he was a tiny kitten. He was originally named Trout!
so weird.

Karma.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At our vet's office, they sell homemade 'pillows', about 3in. square, that are catnip-filled, the proceeds from the sales going to cat rescue. Our cats go nuts over them, hugging with their forepaws while kicking with their hind paws. They also will rub themselves with them. We've never tried either silvervine or honeysuckle.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
raccoons also like catnip as I observed last night.
How cute! ❤ 🦝 Demi wanted to be friends with a raccoon, but I grabbed him away. He was so mad, he nearly took my hand off. But I didn't know if a raccoon would hurt him?

Geoffrey’s favorite is the “trout”.
I found Artie’s original adoption recyfrom when he was a tiny kitten. He was originally named Trout!
That is so cool! My mom & her church never allowed any type of belief in signs. I would like to believe in all that stuff, but they pound it into your head that it's from the devil.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my male cats liked catnip but my two females did not show any interest. My sweet little Robbie became a "mean drunk" when it came to catnip. He would roll all over in the catnip and if me or one of the other cats got near him we would get such a smack. The cat I currently have loves catnip. Tommy is very serious about it. I never tried honeysucker or silvervine.