Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 22, 2020

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would have been cool to work on a space ship (like star trek). Lol. I've always loved space themed videogames too. I would imagine myself in the games...thinking it would be sooo cool. Haha.

Edit: Seems like my dream job is really way out there compared to everyone else's. Literally even lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my bachelor's degree in writing and while I love to write, I was afraid that if I relied on writing as my sole income, I'd lose the passion I have for it.
I've felt that way when people suggest making things for craft fairs. I love to get creative but I've trapped myself into even little projects like making shower favors and it sucks the fun out of it. :cringe: But the good thing about writing these days is being able to self-publish if you want. One of my favorite authors self-publishes on Amazon. She was an adjunct instructor at a college teaching something political science related I think. Writing was her side-gig as her kids got older. It's kind of inspiring to me. She found a way to bring her passion back into her life.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to research and hope to contribute to finding the reason for various organic as well as environmental reasons for mental health issues. Diagnosing, dissecting and recommendations for treatment in the field of brain disorders; whether organic or environmental. Also included in this field; writing findings etc.
I’m a good writer so I’d also like to write children’s books.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There definitely is age discrimination, but I can't do anything about it. It's very subtle. But the truth is that anyone over 60 who loses a job has very little chance of getting another one in their field. Minimum wage jobs are all that's left.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There definitely is age discrimination, but I can't do anything about it. It's very subtle. But the truth is that anyone over 60 who loses a job has very little chance of getting another one in their field. Minimum wage jobs are all that's left.
:hmmm: Oh that is sooo illegal, at least in the U.S. If human resources does not work, how about an attorney?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you really want to work at a company where you had to sue to get your job? I wouldn't. And that's not how they do it. They abolish your job, so there is nothing to sue for. When you apply somewhere else, they tell you you are overqualified or that your salary requirements are too high. They can hire two younger people for what they pay you.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
That is true. Unfortunately, you can't live on minimum wage jobs, especially if you ever want to see a doctor. You're better off applying for disability if you live in the US. If there's nothing actually wrong with you, the only advice I have is concealed in the words to this song:

:grouphug:

Well, there are elections and demonstrations and stuff too if that's the way you roll.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Would you really want to work at a company where you had to sue to get your job? I wouldn't. And that's not how they do it. They abolish your job, so there is nothing to sue for. When you apply somewhere else, they tell you you are overqualified or that your salary requirements are too high. They can hire two younger people for what they pay you.
I don't know enough about whatever company you were/are with, but I do know from working in management that anyone who is so passionate about their job is absolutely good at it. Obviously you were very adept at it or they never would have kept you in that position for as long as they did. It makes me so angry the way some people treat the elderly, but age 70 is not even old. My father worked until he was 85, and my mother until 75. Yes personally I would at least look into lost wages. :redheartpump:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Would you really want to work at a company where you had to sue to get your job? I wouldn't. And that's not how they do it. They abolish your job, so there is nothing to sue for. When you apply someperiencwhere else, they tell you you are overqualified or that your salary requirements are too high. They can hire two younger people for what they pay you.
I don't have enough information about the company where you were/are working. Having worked in management I know absolutely that anyone who is that passionate about their job also are very good at it. They never would have kept you at it that long if you were not very adept at it. It does make me so angry that the elderly are so mistreated, and you are not even in your 70's! My father worked until he was 85 yrs. and my mother until 75 yrs. Yes personally I would at least look into lost wages/income. ♥ (And also 2 inexperienced never comes close to 1 wise and astute.)

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bit late to this one but I always wanted to be a writer or journalist. I've always written stories and I love words and how they bring things to life. Haven't written for a while though as mostly been working on animal portraits. I don't think I'm hard-nosed enough to be journalist though!!

I would also love to work with animals but I think I'd spend my life being broken-hearted.

The other thing that I find utterly, utterly fascinating is epidemiology and viruses. Transmission, vectors, hosts, natural reservoirs, anything. And even more so those that sit in the BSL4 category - Ebola, Rabies, Marburg, Hanta. Mother Nature (and perhaps she's had a helping hand, who knows) is truly horrible but fascinating at the same time. I would love to have been a scientist working with these things, hideous though they are.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've always wanted to be an artist, in fine arts. and i could have been an artist, was recognized for my artistic ability and won competitions and earned a place in a state summer school for the arts in high school. simply put, i was strongly discouraged from becoming an artist.

i ended up with a career in accounting and auditing, in which i did very well. i enjoyed the work very much.

my 'dream job' is what i do now.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i've always wanted to be an artist, in fine arts. and i could have been an artist, was recognized for my artistic ability and won competitions and earned a place in a state summer school for the arts in high school. simply put, i was strongly discouraged from becoming an artist.

i ended up with a career in accounting and auditing, in which i did very well. i enjoyed the work very much.

my 'dream job' is what i do now.
Do we have a thread anywhere for people sharing their art? There seem to be a lot of us here with arty or crafty hobbies but I've not seen anything here where people show them off?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do we have a thread anywhere for people sharing their art? There seem to be a lot of us here with arty or crafty hobbies but I've not seen anything here where people show them off?
No, but we should! Why don't you start one?