QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2022

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been getting deliveries since the pandemic nearly 100%. There are some items I can't get delivered so I will run out for those (good bagels, for example).

I prefer going myself because I frequently am unhappy with what's been picked out for me, produce mostly though near expired or already expired food also an issue at times. And lately a lot of compromises have to be made since they don't always have the shelves well stocked at the time I order.

I don't understand how if you decide to shop for others you don't do it as if you were buying for yourself. At least Instacart has made it pretty effortless to get your money back though that doesn't solve the problem of your shopper leaving an entire bag of various breads behind (which, happened this week - sandwich bread, buns and rye - all missing!)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too cheap to do delivery, but I'm also not at all interested in going into stores, so I do pick-up.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I much prefer to choose my own groceries and make whatever substitutions myself,or go to another store.There are some things that I order from WalMart.com and have it delivered to the house,especially when they don't carry it in the store,or their in stock is crappy.Many is the time I end up shopping at Aldis and just get cat my cat and dog food and litter from WalMart.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In person. Usually, what I'm buying is also limited enough that I do self checkout. The other day when I went shopping, the self-checks were all open (there's six spots on each end), but the manned checkout lines had lines (hard to get through the front of the store because they were so backed up).
Sounds like Kroger's!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I go in person, usually first thing in the morning when its quiet. I like to pick my own fresh produce and see whats new I can pick up.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Kroger's!
So it is ... I don't have a wide range of choices, but Krogers also has that point thing going on to get a price break on my gas, so I usually go there vs Walmart (there is an Aldis, but their selection is so limited that I can't do full shopping there).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use curbside pickup most weeks. When I have had an issue with an item its been easy to get a refund. It saves me a lot of time and I’d have LOVED the service when my kids were toddlers! I can choose which items I want substituted so that helps. Since I’ve gotten refunds so easily; I bet the people doing the shopping get in trouble if they have too many. Its in the store’s interest to give people good stuff and handle it well.

I do run in for some stuff as needed. I don’t mind it; it’s purely about saving time for me.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I go in person for maximum control of what I can buy. At the beginning of the pandemic, back in the spring of 2020, I tried grocery delivery apps a couple of times. The first time the meat ran out so I only received all vegetables; the second time a lot of the vegetables I ordered ran out so I only received meat :lol: . So now I go in-person and early in the morning to avoid crowds.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pre-Covid I used to go to the grocery store multiple times a week. These days I try to limit it to once a week.