Question of the day Wednesday January 13

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Poppycat likes to be in the same room with us when we're watching television, although he gives us some side-eye looks when we start yelling about whichever sport (usually NFL football) LOL. Sometimes he will actually watch with us, and when he does it isn't necessarily a nature program/show.

Does you cat watch television with you?

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes! graycie is my hockey night buddy she will just snooze next to me while i am watching the games not sure if she actually watches the games since i feel like she just using me as her pillow :lol:but she gives me a pair of ears to vent with when my team is losing:lol::lol:much better listener than the gf is during game days

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw the TV out so my present cats don't know what they're missing. But, in the days of better TV, when those watching sat in easy chairs in front of the fireplace and the rest sat on the couch at the opposite end of the room, preferring to talk, read, sew or knit, the cats were always in the back row, where there was likely to be more interaction with people. But, if they desperately wanted to go outside, something to eat, or just more attention, they knew how to stand in front of the television, blocking the screen until someone watching would scream "Will someone in the back row come and give this cat what he wants and get him out of the way!"

At one time we had a very small TV and a very big cat. She would lie on top of the TV. We decided she just liked the warmth and was not particularly interested that all eyes were on her.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Boden loves watching football with me. He even participates!
That picture of Boded would make a great commercial. 😉

She would lie on top of the TV. We decided she just liked the warmth and was not particularly interested that all eyes were on her.
:yeah: Us too! Before flat screens and plasmas we had a cat that loved to sleep on top of the tv and I agree it was for warmth. Only problem was he would hang one leg down and block part of the tv screen. :biggrin:

graycie is my hockey night buddy she will just snooze next to me while i am watching the games not sure if she actually watches the games since i feel like she just using me as her pillow
When we first adopted Carleton he was fascinated by the tv. My husband is obsessed with hockey and Carleton was mesmerized by the puck sliding back and forth across the ice. 🏑

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None of my cats paid any attention to the TV. I did have a video for cats with birds, squirrels, etc. that Muffy loved to watch. Her and sometimes Buddy would watch it but the other cats ignored it.
If I put on a Youtube video that has kitten sounds, they lose their minds looking all over for the missing kittens. As soon as I turn it off and the noise stops, they get so irritated. I get glared at as if they are saying, "That was YOU, wasn't it?" I've done that twice I think and both times got the same result. :angrycat:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, he's not interested, probably because I just have my computer to watch things on. When I hook up my projector though, he has a habit of sitting right in front of the wall where it's projected, staring at me (not the images.) It's especially bad when I need to read subtitles...it's like he knows and just sits in front of them so he feels like I'm looking at him instead.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't watch TV, but I watch Youtube on my pc. I also sing to somem music videos. When Smedley was a kitten, I was holding him like a baby, and singing along to Sinead O'Connor's version of Danny Boy (replacing Danny with Smedley). I did iit to be funny, but he liked it...and I had to do it every night to get him to sleep, for about a year. He still runs over if he hears her sing.

The other day, Miss P. was listening intently to Wolf Totem, by The Hu. I often look over my shoulder to see her watching the screen.