Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WOW!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We're six minutes in now, and life is good!

SO...did you make a resolution, or give it up as a bad idea? I actually made one, one I've made more often than I can even remember...I want to lose some weight to help with my mobility. THIS year, I'll be doing the Fast Diet, already approved by my Doctor, who says that it is quite sensible. Can't start until the 3rd, when I go shopping, but the items I need are on my list!

IMG_6537.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get better at communicating my wants and needs. I tend to just be the nice girl and go along with what others want and then explode after a while, so my goal is to be more proactive about actually saying what I want.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A big nope to resolutions made on New Years for me. The right day is the day that is good for you to commit to whatever you need to commit to. Who needs the pressure of doing it when millions of others are doing it too?

But...Happy New Year to all you lovely people here at TCS :grouphug2:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My only resolution is to get healthier. Both Rick and I have really slid off the health wagon in the last few months and we feel it. I need to really start walking again and incorporate exercise into my daily routine. That also means going back to healthier eating habits, cooking good food for dinner, watching my calories, and stopping the fast food and the pizza deliveries. It's not good for us and it's too expensive overall.

The weight needs to come back off, more so for me, but also for Rick.

A very Happy (and Healthy) New Year!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep stop smoking I know I can do it because I've done it before. I stopped last year and went 7 months without a cigarette so this year don't think it's ok it's only one. I haven't had one today and I'm off to the mother in laws for dinner she is my go to for the next few day's.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THIS year, I'll be doing the Fast Diet
I didn't lose weight until I stopped dieting. 25 years of torturing myself and I never lost an ounce. Now I eat 2 meals a day of whatever I want (dinner plate or sandwich) and I walk for 2 hours per day. I'm down to 143 pounds, hoping to get to 135.

My new years resolution is to get the Frontline on Demi & Maggie, give them their deworming pills, clean their ears, and trim their nails. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it! :devilish:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My resolution is to get the garage cleaned up and better organized. IMHO, similar things should be grouped together, instead of Mr. Cheeser's current system of having to look in about a dozen different little cubbyholes to find a specific size nail or something I need. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I kept having resolutions for the past years, so now I will skip.
:yeah: My thoughts exactly! I used to make resolutions and they'd be broken by the end of January. If I want to change something in my life I just do it and don't wait for Jan. 1st. Although there's always room for improvement I guess overall I'm pretty content with how things are going. :cool2:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, how nice! *drools*

Actually, most of our stuff is organized in some kind of a jar or box, and labelled. It's just that Mr. Cheeser has this weird "system" where some things are on the left hand side of the garage, some are on the right side, some are on the shelves above the washer and dryer, some are on the shelves next to the freezer, some are in the huge Craftsman tool box, some are on the work bench on the patio, some are in the little shed where we keep the lawn mower, some are in the pantry in the dining room, some are in one of the overhead kitchen cabinets, some are in the cabinet under the kitchen sink, some are in under the sink in the front bathroom, some are in one of the end tables in the living room...etc. It's like hunting Easter eggs every time I need to hang a picture or do a simple repair job. :gaah: