QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JAN. 5, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy first Wednesday of the New Year! I'm still writing 2021 and not used to changing the date yet. :wink: Winter has come in like a lion here with our first measurable snowfall last weekend and temperatures dipping into the single digits with the windchill overnight. So yesterday I pulled out the flannel sheets and changed the linens. Guess what? Carleton approved and slept on the bed curled up next to me all night.:zzzcat:

QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHERE DOES YOUR CAT SLEEP AT NIGHT? ON THE BED WITH YOU, IN THEIR OWN CAT BED, UPSTAIRS/DOWNSTAIRS, ON A PIECE OF FURNITURE, WITH OTHER PETS, ETC?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea! I think it varies, but not in our bed. Lelia usually comes and snuggles if I'm breastfeeding in the middle of the night like a guard cat, but leaves again when I'm done. They rotate through several different napping places during the day, so it's probably the same at night.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey, on my bed. He starts out cuddled up next to me; then as I et rstless, he moves down to the feet end... still cuddling... It is like a straight jacket...

One thing I will say, is that he does jump down for food and the litter box. G does it so gently that I can never feel him jump down and back up.

Artie would be cuddled up against my feet all night long. I literally could not move... and I could feel him when he jumped down and up..

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Astrid: Under the covers or on the extra pillow on my bed
Jasper: By my feet
Cassian/Xanthippe (whichever gets there first): On my hip. If Cassian gets there first, Xanthippe sleeps on Fennimore. If Xanthippe gets there first, he sleeps on my husband's dresser, on the ottoman downstairs, or next to Fennimore.
Fennimore: His special pillow on the daybed in the living room
Iroh: On or next to Fennimore
Tara: On the extra pillow on my bed, on my pillow, or on the nightstand
Evangeline: Top part of the cat black cat tower
Simon: Wherever he feels like sleeping, but usually on the daybed in the living room
Freya: In one of the cubbies in either tower or on the couch in the living room.
Iris: In her bed in the upstairs hall
Juniper: On the daybed, in the saucer bed, in the box bed, or on top of the bookshelf in the upstairs hall
Verity: On the daybed, on the couch, on the bench by the window in the sitting room, on an elevated cat bed between the daybed and the wall

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It took about two weeks after Lily crossed the Bridge at Thanksgiving for Iris and Mocha to start sleeping with me. Curled up by my head at night was Lily’s special time with me, and the other two didn’t even come into the bedroom. They slept together on the sofa. I don’t know how Lily warned them off—there weren’t any fights—but they left her to it. A couple of weeks after she died, Mocha started creeping in carefully to look around to make sure she wasn’t trespassing. A few days after that, Iris started to come in. Now, they Velcro themselves together and then Velcro themselves to my back and that’s how we spend the night.