QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JAN. 12, 2022

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have been away on vacation for two weeks on a couple occasions. Cats acted like I'd never been gone. When I came home, it was like, "Hey, isn't that old 'what's-his-face,' you know, that guy who used to feed us?" I think they liked the sitter more than me!
SAME. Po and Morty didn't even care, they just sniffed me a lot and moved on.

Goose, however, was terrified of me for 2 days! I guess he forgot who I was. Every time I would go to pet him he would run and hide under a couch. :rolleyes:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Have been away on vacation for two weeks on a couple occasions. Cats acted like I'd never been gone. When I came home, it was like, "Hey, isn't that old 'what's-his-face,' you know, that guy who used to feed us?" I think they liked the sitter more than me!
:crackup:

Same here. Usually I travel while hubby stays home with the kitties, he isn't a big fan of international travel. But he went with me a couple of years ago for a trip to the Galápagos Islands and Quito, Ecuador. We were gone about 2-1/2 weeks. I was so freaked out leaving kitties that long without either of us.

We had our usual cat sitter coming in twice a day and then a couple of friends who love our kitties coming in every few days to visit and play with them. They probably got more treats, play time, and loving on than when we are at home! They didn't mind a bit.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
7 days. We went to Key West and had a cat sitter for Lena and Nikki. That was in 1998. She called
twice a day and would either leave a msg or speak with one of us, (Patrick), ex. That wasn't as hard
on me as being in San Francisco for 4 days in 1997. I guess the distance being so far was difficult for me
but I fell in love with SF...would love living there or in the Napa Valley where we went for our honeymoon.
Small town called Yountville.