Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 26, 2020

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We have the same problem here, so year after year I have been adding perlite, peat moss, compost, and a manure/humus mix when I work up the soil- that and building raised beds for better drainage. So far, so good.
I have the opposite problem.. it's basically sand. So all the goodness just runs straight through. I have a lot of broms and natives and still constantly have to work with the soil. There are parts of my yard that are like beach.. I've mixed cement with it. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have the same problem here, so year after year I have been adding perlite, peat moss, compost, and a manure/humus mix when I work up the soil- that and building raised beds for better drainage. So far, so good.
Maybe your wife and you would like to take a road trip here and help us out. ;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought a house with half an acre of yard. I wanted a single-family house because I wanted a yard that I could have a garden and make it my own. The house I grew up in had about a third of an acre for a yard and I was often the one mowing it, so I'm prepared to take care of my yard, even though my dad doesn't think I am. 😑

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never grown up around big gardens, since I lived in a flat without a garden for the first half of my life and now I currently live in typical British suburban town-house with a small garden. When I eventually get my own place, I'd love to have a bigger garden if I can, since I am quite interested in gardening and would love to plant more varieties of flowers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH OH OH...and I want a section of butterfly garden, as well, with a little butterfly pool, and yes, I'll pour stale beer on the rocks to attract them!