Question of the day Wednesday February 17

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I moved the coffee table a few more inches away from the wall for Poppycat. It sticks out into the living room a bit more but Poppy is now able to do his zoomies behind the recliners with more of a straight line to the other room :)

Have you rearranged your house for your cat(s)?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes to accommodate the cat tree.

At our old house the second bathroom was so small you couldn’t close the door with the old LitterMaid box in front of the commode. So we blocked the air vent from falling litter and just declared it the cat’s bathroom. The “master bath” was outside the bedroom; so everyone just used that one. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. The TV is pulled far enough away from the wall so that wide Willow can squeeze behind it to go look out the window. And the main living room windows have a bench in front of them solely for her viewing pleasure and comfort . At nighttime the blinds on these windows are slightly raised so she can check on nighttime creatures. The linen closet door always remains ajar so Willow can nap inside and the kitchen table window blind is always raised up so she can spy on the neighbors and dog walkers.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely. I've put furniture in certain places so they can look out the windows more easily. I've left one room in my basement completely empty that I call the cats' "turn around" room because when they chase each other they circle through that room and back out and loop around the family room back into that room.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The top shelf of the entertainment system is kept empty so Demi can sleep there. He also has his own computer chair because he kept stealing mine. They have Rubbermaid totes under the windows so they can climb up and look out. They have window perches in some windows and Demi has a bed near one window, we call that his lounge. Most of the shades are kept open halfway so they can look out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I moved some of the furniture in the family room so Carleton could have better access to his cat tree and look out the window. He jumps in it every morning after breakfast to check out the wildlife in the yard.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes, I finally bought a rug. I found one that is supposedly stain/water resistant because of Puar's tears and snot. I was afraid to get a regular rug because he'd probably ruin it right away. But having a rug is so much better for him so he's not sliding around on the laminate floor. He definitely seems happier playing these days. I also ended up keeping a floor sofa I planned to get rid of because he loves wrestling with it. Everything else is arranged to attempt to keep him out of or off of stuff lol.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have rearranged in a way that they can have more stuff to climb onto, more spaces to run around, and that the windows are clear of anything so they can watch the birds outside with no obstructions. There is just one place they are strictly not allowed to climb: and that is the Budgies' house.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I've moved hubby's sofa so the cat tree fits behind. Then they can look out of the window easily. The blinds are always open in the living room and never pulled down in the kitchen. And I now have a litter box in the living room so Patches can poop in peace without Bandit sticking his head underneath him to bury it before he's finished. That one was big for me I always said I wouldn't have one in the living room except for when they were kittens. I was looking forward to moving it now Bandit is older but it's better than cleaning pee/poop off his head. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. We did move an open litter box to the living room bc Amber started peeing everywhere again. That seems to have stopped. Now we have two litter boxes in the living room....one open, one closed. Anything to stop the peeing!

We have steps to our bed; when BooBoo was still alive, he was having trouble jumping into bed. We put the steps back there and he used them from the very first day. And now Muffin uses them. She can jump; she just chooses not to.

Several years ago, we bought a cat tree for the living room, put it in front of the bay window. All the cats love it. In fact, it looks like it's seen better days. I just mentioned to Rick that we should start looking for a new tree.

But we haven't moved any furniture around at all. There's really no need.