Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Living in Korea, Valentine's Day is when girls make chocolates to give to the boys they like. Lol, I've no one to give chocolates to (just a long-standing crush whom I won't see), but if I can gather the energy I might make myself some chocolate-covered pretzels!

This year my parents will actually be in town for a long layover on Valentine's. Due to the coronavirus, their original travel plans (a cruise of Southeast Asia) was cancelled. They've instead booked into an all-inclusive in Bali. Hoping their stopover in Singapore won't get them tossed in quarantine (my mom's work has already told her she'll have to self-quarantine when she gets back to the states). Anyway, I'm taking off work early and taking my parents out to a nice dinner in my neighborhood. Steak, pasta, and wine (they don't like Korean food because my mom can't do spicy stuff!). I could also go to a friend's "Singles Awareness Party" or to an acoustic set of a band I like! I love living in Seoul because the weekends are always packed with stuff to do, whether it's a special day or not!

But ultimately, it's with Puar that I'll snuggle up in bed with (haha)
IMG_3424[1].JPG

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got him a card. a serious one this year, I usually go for the funny ones. I got one for my dog loving inlaws, it has a dog on the front licking himself and says.."Hey it's Valentines day!" when you open it it says...."How about a kiss!!"
I once found a card for Roger with a picture of a cat weaving through someone's legs. Inside it said "Congratulations! You've just received a CAT scan. You're perfect."

Even if I did have someone to go out with, I wouldn't want to just be treated special for that one day. I want to be treated special each and every day for a lifetime.
:yeah:

We don't generally do much for Valentines.Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and it's our 50th,so maybe we'll go out for dinner.
Hooray for you! It's only 48 for us.
45 for us, this August.

Margret

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We don't have any special plans, but as we both have the day off on Friday we'll probably go for a hike and then have a late lunch somewhere.

Mr Husband just got back from a two day ski-ing trip and he brought me a souvenir. A bag of radishes.

Nothing says I love you quite like a bag of radishes.

:heartshape:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have any special plans, but as we both have the day off on Friday we'll probably go for a hike and then have a late lunch somewhere.

Mr Husband just got back from a two day ski-ing trip and he brought me a souvenir. A bag of radishes.

:heartshape:
Were they wild radishes stolen from the side of a mountain guarded by an unruly goat? :lol:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Valentine's Day makes me miss my mom; she was the only single parent in our very intolerant hoity-toity suburb when I was a kid and she somehow managed to overwrite the entire holiday into a celebration of fierce, mother-bear love:

It's supposed to be about romantic love. Maybe next year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But we did marry on April fool's day I think that says it all
Your anniversary is Hekity's birthday, which might say it all on TWO fronts!

Good Grief, y'all...half the young mothers in my complex came by today with those little miniature heart boxes of chocolate for me! I'm a little overwhelmed. I had no idea that I was having that big an impact on so many people! I am also more than honored.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they daikon? Daikon are so much better than red radishes.
Valentine's Day makes me miss my mom; she was the only single parent in our very intolerant hoity-toity suburb when I was a kid and she somehow managed to overwrite the entire holiday into a celebration of fierce, mother-bear love:

[/URL][/URL]

It's supposed to be about romantic love. Maybe next year.
Kinda random, but I love Helen Reddy. I always had a crush on her as Nora on Pete's Dragon (I watched that movie SO MANY times as a kid, mostly because of her), but I didn't know about her in general. Then a few years ago, probably about the time the new Pete's Dragon came out, I thought, hmm, wonder what other things Nora did, and looked her up. WOW! So yup, she's my role model now (Helen herself instead of just Nora).
(I also now fully appreciate how very subversive that role was back then, and she rocked it. Everybody go watch the 1977 Pete's Dragon right now! :D)

Last edited: