Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 1, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday, albeit a cold day here. :coldcat: I'm sure many of you have experienced this - you buy your cat(s) a new special toy only to discover they like the wrapping or bag it came in better than the actual toy. One of our past cats, Sylvester, liked a rolled up piece of aluminum foil. He loved to push it with his paw and chase after it. To this day Carleton has a hankering for the brown paper bags you get at the grocery store. :paperbag: Just the mere crinkle of the bag brings him running to investigate and crawl inside it.

IMG_1816.jpeg

WHAT DOES YOUR CAT(S) LIKE TO PLAY WITH THAT IS NOT A CAT TOY?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Giada usually palys with her toys only, though she prefers one of them
Freya likes with just everything. Other than her toys, she likes nuts shells, crumpled receipts and tin foil and my pen. What I like of her is that she brings her "toys" back to my feet so that I can throw them again, over and over.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby D loves crumpled foil balls, hair ties and any type of paper he rips with his mouth to get a piece to play with. He ripped up my kids homework and my husbands tax paper, we were not amused.
Bruno likes to play with the cut stem end of a cucumber, he carries it all around in his mouth and then bats it everywhere. He also loves shoelaces the belt to my robe and any clothing that has draw ties.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday, albeit a cold day here. :coldcat: I'm sure many of you have experienced this - you buy your cat(s) a new special toy only to discover they like the wrapping or bag it came in better than the actual toy. One of our past cats, Sylvester, liked a rolled up piece of aluminum foil. He loved to push it with his paw and chase after it. To this day Carleton has a hankering for the brown paper bags you get at the grocery store. :paperbag: Just the mere crinkle of the bag brings him running to investigate and crawl inside it.

View attachment 442641

WHAT DOES YOUR CAT(S) LIKE TO PLAY WITH THAT IS NOT A CAT TOY?
Totally forgot in my answer - ours both like those recycling bags groceries now have to use instead of plastic bags. I don't know what they are made of but all also have a price tag attached to them and between that and the material, it's like best toy ever! Especially if a few other toys get thrown on top of them.