Question of the Day, Wednesday, December 7, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kneading: Let's talk about our cat's color(s) today. Since we adopted Carleton I'm not exactly sure what color his coat would be considered but from looking at images the closest I would say is cream smoke. He's a Persian and we saw a few of the other Persians that were rescued from the hoarder where he came from but their colors varied from red to cream.

WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAT(S) COAT OR PATTERN?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sea of orangs right now with my three inside cats. Varying shades of grey on the outside. The best of both worlds! Outside I have a solid black, a solid grey with a spot of orange on her head, a dilute grey tortie. and a grey and black tabby. Inside I have two 'twins' of orange and white, (mother and son) and a solid red/dark orange long hair with tabby markings. He is the only long hair all the rest are short. So I have a little bit of everything! (except white, and I had that in my angel avatar kitty)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch is a black and white tuxedo. She’s getting more white on her muzzle and in a very thin line going up her nose to between her ears as she gets older. I’ve had dogs get white with age but never a cat. She’s technically my oldest cat though. (18 in February) Noodles passed at almost 15 and didn’t get any. 3 of my moms are similar in age and haven’t either. I just love that little line. :redheartpump:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remy is a long-haired black cat, Maisie is a short-haired orange and white tabby-ish cat (her stripes are not very pronounced), and Flora is a short-haired gray tabby-ish cat (again her stripes are also not very pronounced).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mooch is a black and white tuxedo. She’s getting more white on her muzzle and in a very thin line going up her nose to between her ears as she gets older. I’ve had dogs get white with age but never a cat. She’s technically my oldest cat though. (18 in February) Noodles passed at almost 15 and didn’t get any. 3 of my moms are similar in age and haven’t either. I just love that little line. :redheartpump:
One of my black and white girls is getting some gray on her face at 14 years. She still can climb walls with the best of them though!
Two of mine are short haired, all black and look like twins to most people (but I see tons of differences in their faces.) Two at work are black and white short hairs. Two are shorthaired orange tabbies.
And Lila is a dilute tortie, or so I've been told. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
1670464402962.png