Question Of The Day, Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
An easy one this time...I'm too full to think of anything bizarre or complicated!

What was the very best thing that you ate yesterday? Most of us seem to celebrate Christmas in either a religious or secular way, but this will do even for those who don't celebrate at all!

Y'all don't laugh...I had lasagna that turned out REALLY well, a salad stuffed with wonderful additions, a homemade pumpkin pie...but my very favorite thing was the stupid can of Oceanspray jellied cranberry sauce! I don't know why I love that stuff the way that I do, but I can't get enough of it! Just the right blend of sweet and tart!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had dinner late, so the last thing i ate last night was a slice of lasagna and some acorn squash with a pat of butter and salt/pepper. :D

dessert came at around 5 am this morning, which it's not unusual to have it when i get up to give my cats their 'middle of the night' snack.

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I celebrate Chirstmas eve with some family, then Christmas with other family. I'm answering for both days. Christmas Eve my grandma made almond butter toffee with chocolate over it, that was the best. But the lemon chocolate chex thing was good too, kind of like puppy chow but with white chocolate and lemon flavor. And then yesterday...someone bought an AMAZING berry pie that I just loved, even store bought.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I had pizza yesterday.
I have been craving vegetarian lasagna for a few weeks. The next time I go to the store I will buy a Stouffer's frozen lasagna. They are pretty good.
I made a vegetarian (spinach and zucchini) lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner at my stepdaughter's house. I brought home leftovers and that's what I had for dinner last night.

But we also had guests over for brunch yesterday and I made an egg casserole that turned out really well, too.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's hard to choose. I scored this year. lol Since it was only my sister and me this year we made lasagna with Italian sausage. She brought a chocolate cake and a batch of homemade caramel corn and left both here and almost all of the remaining lasagna too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was with my son and his wife and son yesterday. They served pre-sliced ham, which was good. My DIL always cooks from a recipe, and she made mashed potatoes from a recipe! That blew me away, but I saw the cookbook, so I know she did. It was called "Best Ever Mashed Potatoes" and truthfully, they were very good mashed potatoes.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We had Christmas on Sunday. Yesterday, I didn't eat much; we didn't do anything to celebrate, apart from the tradition of feeding the feral colony their turkey dinner: turkey, gravy, green beans, peas, and plain, canned pumpkin "pie". I roast them their own turkey each year. We do this first thing on Christmas morning, then eat breakfast at a local diner, which I didn't really like this time. My blood sugar was low, and the service was a bit slow. I did feel a bit better after a couple of bites.

I didn't really like nor eat much Sunday, either! I had cooked everything ahead of time, and kept it hot in slow cookers for "Christmas" dinner (really lunch). DH didn't heat up the frozen slow-cooked beef before putting it in the slow cooker, even though I asked him to--and mine was cold. It put me off eating! I made a killer apple pie though, and had the last slice later in the day, so I guess that was my favorite food for "Christmas" day! :biggrin:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had brunch instead of dinner and what I made didn't taste great because my (unknowingly) broken crockpot burned it. Everything else was kind of blah for me too. My sister-in-law brought my favorite cookies though (Russian teacakes), so I had a lot of those. :lol: