Question of the day Wednesday December 23

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Holidays everyone!

When Poppycat is in the midst of major zoomies, he hits the floor so hard with each paw that he's literally able to make the floorboards shake, and of course it's amazingly loud as well.

Yet at other times he's completely silent as he moves around the house.

Does your cat enjoy being as noisy as a galloping herd of horses?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith is very small so she doesn't make noise when she runs around. It's the sound of her yelling that will get your attention. :lol:

Sophie on the other hand is a 6 pound wrecking ball. When she gets the zoomies, things get knocked over and she bounces off walls and furniture. She's broken quite a few things. When she's done, she often will end up at the top of the tall bookshelf in the living room to assess her work. :dancingblackcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For the most part Carleton is as gentle in his walk as his demeanor. :lovecat2: However, Neely would literally make exorcist noises when she ran through the house. I guess she wanted to make her presence known. :lol: As for the cats before her I don't recall any of them being particularly noisy.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. While I was working today I all of a sudden heard claws against the hardwood and pounding feet as Flora and Remy came tearing around the corner from the dining room. I think they'd all prefer if the upstairs was all carpet. The basement is all carpet (except the bathroom and laundry room) and they basically have a loop they run around the family room into the empty bedroom and back again. My sister and brother-in-law were storing their board game collection in the basement bedroom while they moved (and it literally filled the entire room and closet), so for a while, the cats didn't have their "looping room" as I have come to call it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles was always noisy when she’d make her daily deposit and do some laps. Mooch always weighed more but is quieter. It’s been a long time since she had the zoomies. Noodles had the louder meow too.

My mother’s long haired polydactyl has amazing toe fluffs so she’s almost silent on the floor. Its not good for traction though. She is OBSESSED with lights and reflections so DD had a hand mirror making light beams to chase and she was sliding around on the hardwood floors! But still not making much noise at all. She’s about 16 now and I think I’ve heard her meow once. She chirps wheb she carries her babies around. (Stuffed cat toys.) But that’s it.

Last edited: