Question of the day Wednesday December 2

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buzz has a habit of leaping up with all four paws off the floor when he thinks he saw something/someone behind him. Usually there's nothing there but he looks like a cartoon character and it never fails to make me laugh.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pants is a very anxious cat (poor guy.) He refuses to come inside, too.
Once my kitten, Willow, was outside, and poor Pants is afraid of her (yes, Pants, who's 3 times her size), so he started backing up... And hit hid head on a wheelbarrow. He wasn't injured, by the way. It was pretty funny, though.
He has a habit of falling and walking into things- He isn't terribly graceful, poor baby.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was multiple decades ago when I was a teenager still living at home. My parents has an apple head Siamese named, appropriately enough, Fu Ling.

Someone (a man, as will be clear) left the toilet lid and seat up. Fu Ling jumped up, did not land well. His hind feet and his chin were on the rim with his front legs dangling down over the water. The poor cat could not extricate himself from the situation because whichever way he tried to jump some portion of his anatomy would end up in the water.

There he was, howling out about his predicament. I'm afraid first we all stood around and laughed before scooping him up.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most recently, Iris, who is a tiny 11 to 12-month old, was rolling around in the sitting room. (She and her sister, Juniper, are considerably smaller than our four 8-month-olds. That includes the runt, Xanthippe!) Astrid, our 8-year-old, slightly grumpy cat who is the second largest, decided to throw herself down next to Iris and roll around. The two of them started meowing and rolling around together on their backs. Neither Iris nor Astrid is particularly playful. It was hilarious!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our first Persian was extremely docile and easy going. But during the middle of the night he discovered one of our daughter's games. It made an awful sound when you pressed a button and for some odd reason he was climbing and fell on it. Of course it woke everyone up. From that time on he would jump on it every single night unless we remembered to put it away. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flora has a "stashing problem" and likes to hide things in random places. A couple of weeks ago, she popped a hole in a playground ball with her teeth and then took it and tried to get it under my bed. I actually have a video of her carrying it to my bedroom. I posted it below.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats used to climb up on the roof of the shed and when they wanted to get down they would go over to the edge of the shed and jump on a tree that was close and climb down. One day Muffin (the mother of my cats) decided she wanted to try it. She got to the top of the shed ok but when she tried to get down she jumped over to the tree like she saw her children do. She lost her grip on the tree and fell to the ground. I could not help laughing at her. She walked away flicking her tail like she was saying "I meant to do that"!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, after playing a while with Boris :rbheart: with a string toy, he hopped around a few times and then quickly grabbed the scratching post and chewed on it while rolling his eyes back and looking at me, as if to say, "Ain't I tough?" He was sensitive about laughing. I had to cover my mouth and turn away!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Graham would at times complain loudly when she does not like the meal served to her. I would laugh hysterically when she would sniff the food bowl I give her, look at me with those huge eyes, and let out a loud piercing meow like she is saying , “What is this crap?!!”.

Then she would walk away still screaming. It is so darn amusing to see her that way.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Graham would at times complain loudly when she does not like the meal served to her. I would laugh hysterically when she would sniff the food bowl I give her, look at me with those huge eyes, and let out a loud piercing meow like she is saying , “What is this crap?!!”.

Then she would walk away still screaming. It is so darn amusing to see her that way.
Welcomeback.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Vincie girl brought 3 newborn chipmunks home, brought them into the house before
I could stop her. They spent the night in the kitchen where I put up a barricade My helper
took them back outside in the morning but my girl would bring them back to the slider and
make a mournful cry for 3 days straight. I guess she wanted to be a mom again, darling girl.

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My Vincie girl brought 3 newborn chipmunks home, brought them into the house before
I could stop her. They spent the night in the kitchen where I put up a barricade My helper
took them back outside in the morning but my girl would bring them back to the slider and
make a mournful cry for 3 days straight. I guess she wanted to be a mom again, darling girl.
Awws, such a sweet one.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee was so happy and blissed out on my lap the other day that he actually fell off, and he looked so startled when he landed on the floor. Felt bad for laughing :lol: He also presented his butt in an important meeting with government people my mum was briefing with a few days ago, too. He is often a feature in our Zoom meetings.

When he was still living at home (he's currently run off :() Fudge was scared of his own sneeze - I don't think he expected it to be that loud!

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently laying on my bed, using my laptop. Lola has been using her paw to poke me on my side, jumping me. I think she finds my reactions funny, so she keeps doing it. :lol: