QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy December 1st! :happycat: It's that time of year when many people are busy shopping, decorating or getting into the holiday spirit. But I can't think about making plans right now because I've been worried about Carleton. We brought him to the veterinary specialty hospital yesterday. He's undergoing I-131 treatment for Hyperthyroidism. I'm a Nervous Nellie so I apologize since my mind is elsewhere until he comes home. I tell people if you looked up the word worry in the dictionary you would find my picture next to it.😉 I worry about my family especially the animals, paying unexpected bills, health, house repairs, driving in bad weather, etc., etc. I try not to worry and for the most part keep my composure but when any one of our pets are ill I worry constantly. :frown:

So how about you? QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT TYPES OF THINGS DO YOU WORRY ABOUT?

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worry mostly about Money. I worry about if I will ever leave here and get away from my evil mother. I worry about being able to provide for me and the cats in an expensive world.

I worry about the cold winter weather and the power going off. Hard to do anything if that happens.

I worry about my cats' health.

I worry about aging. I absolutely hate it, but no way to stop it.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing. Long ago, a fellow service member voiced his philosophy so:
You either go to 'Nam or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing to worry about
If you go, you either get shot or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing to worry about
If you get shot, you either live or you die. If you live, there's nothing to worry about, and if you die; what good will worrying do you?
So I don't worry about anything. I try to plan ahead for various eventualities, but I don't worry about things that I can't control.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
On my kindergarten report card, the teacher wrote that I was a worrier. Nothing has changed lo' these many years. A friend once gave me a Mary Englebreit picture which says "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength." Made not one bit of difference to me. I worry about everything; it is an art form for me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I worry about become frail or suffering physical injury that prevents me from being independent or caring for my home. As a diabetic we are much more likely to have a stroke or a heart attack so it certainly could happen to me. And since I have now two cats to care for who don’t get along, I worry about how someone else would be able to take them on.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
On my kindergarten report card, the teacher wrote that I was a worrier. Nothing has changed lo' these many years. A friend once gave me a Mary Englebreit picture which says "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength." Made not one bit of difference to me. I worry about everything; it is an art form for me.
That saying nailed it. Worrying always makes things worse. But atlas, I am a worrier at heart, too.

It is hard for me to to not worry. I constantly worry over finances and many other things. Also about feeding my outdoor kitties and getting through winter on a tight budget and with these supply shortages that have been going on.

I am going to try to not worry so much. It is not easy, but it is for the best. I am a bad insomiac. So I lost tons of sleep worrying. Enough is enough! Time for change. I hope that you worry a little less everyday. Hang in there. 🙂

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing. Long ago, a fellow service member voiced his philosophy so:
You either go to 'Nam or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing to worry about
If you go, you either get shot or you don't. If you don't, there's nothing to worry about
If you get shot, you either live or you die. If you live, there's nothing to worry about, and if you die; what good will worrying do you?
So I don't worry about anything. I try to plan ahead for various eventualities, but I don't worry about things that I can't control.
I agree. This is my motto for life. Why worry, it doesn't change anything and only makes you unhappy. We can control our attitude but not what's going to happen.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I also worry about everything. i have been a worrier all my life, especially now.

I worry about my children when I suddenly pass away. I worry about our home mortgage, my children's future, my pets, money. I worry about getting old(er) and be dependent on others most of the time.

I worry about dying.