Question of the day Wednesday August 5

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie is still a bit feral, so she's pretty silent. She will make little meep meep sounds sometimes, but that's about it. Demi's nickname is mouthy. He cries because Maggie won't play with him, he cries when I do my exercises, he cries for somebody to come lay with him while he sucks on his blankie, he cries when I won't let him be friends with a raccoon. So basically he's a perfect angel. ❤

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The first 6 months he was here, the most we got from Mowgli was a silent meow and purrs. The meows became more frequent and louder as time went by, but it was a very gradual process. He can be quite vocal when he wants his breakfast, but he's still pretty quiet in comparison with our last cat, who "talked" all day every day.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my current cats, Cricket and Austin, have always been very talkative. Sometimes I would like to hear a little less of Cricket's meow at 5:00 AM, but I love both of them. Austin has a high pitched meow when he's "up to something" so I know to go check. But he has a lot of other meows too. Cricket purrs loudly and often. Austin doesn't purr that much and you can barely tell when he does.

RB cats Swanie was the strong silent type, every so often he would go MROW and that was a special treat. Cindy didn't meow much at first until he got comfortable and used to us, then she had a lot of different sounds, meows, trills, one meow that could pierce your eardrum. Darcy we didn't have with us very long, sadly. I know she meowed and I know she had a silent meow.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Sometimes I would like to hear a little less of Cricket's meow at 5:00 AM
I second that! :) Lily woke me at 2 a.m. this morning. “Me?” she asked, sitting by my head and staring into my face. “Me?” Aargh. “Yes, Lily. You,” I said to She-Who-Must-Be-Cuddled RIGHT NOW!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge has always been very vocal, but when he was a kitten Toffee couldn't meow properly - now he has gained his meow and is just as vocal as his brother!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second that! :) Lily woke me at 2 a.m. this morning. “Me?” she asked, sitting by my head and staring into my face. “Me?” Aargh. “Yes, Lily. You,” I said to She-Who-Must-Be-Cuddled RIGHT NOW!
I guess 5 is better than 2. Cricket sits next to the bed, meow (pause) meow (pause) meow (pause) ... if I ignore her she jumps up on the nightstand to get closer to my ear. Little miss She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Ignored.