Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Mamanyt1953, Aug 28, 2018.

1. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    That picture of Bosco playing in the leaves is way better than the smiley I posted!
    leaf-pile-jump.gif :rolleyes3:

raysmyheart and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

2. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    Favorite thing here is that cozy feeling when warm sunny afternoons turn into windy, rainy messes and everyone is inside and safe and we're stocked up on food and supplies to go all winter if we must.

Mamanyt1953, neely, Boris Diamond and 2 others purraised this.

3. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Fall is my favorite time of year. I like the cooler weather, the longer nights and the upcoming holidays.

4. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Fall is my favorite season. I hope we get one this year, we didn't get much of a spring.

5. twinkles21

twinkles21 TCS Member Young Cat

Sep 15, 2014
    Alberta, Canada
    Pumpkin spice everything!! It's never enough pumpkin spice.❤

Mamanyt1953, neely and raysmyheart purraised this.

6. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    The only thing I really like about fall is the pretty leaves. But then they dry up and fall to the ground. And I have to rake them. :sigh:

Mamanyt1953 and raysmyheart purraised this.

7. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    Mamanyt1953 and raysmyheart purraised this.

8. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016

I don't care how old it is, I still love this video and it was amazing to people who saw it when it originally aired! I still enjoy seeing this around Halloween time!

Mamanyt1953, neely, artiemom and 1 other person purraised this.

9. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    Another perk to fall...
    Summer lethargy comes to a halt with animals. Farm animals start being a bit frisky in the chilly mornings, lose the zombie-fied "It's TOO HOT to MOVE" attitude, and the dogs want to get up and run!!
    We all like cooler or colder weather.......But the knee deep snow loses it's charm after a few months =/
    In the fall, the cats go out in their catio for a few moments. I hear the cat door click and a cat rushes inside at about 417MPH in no real direction, because a rain drop or a snow flake landed on their head.

10. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    I LOVE Fall! I can't wait for it: pretty leaves, a cold snap in the air, bonfires, cider, hearty, slow-cooked meals, such as homemade soup and chili, cosy nights by the fire, and HALLOWEEN!!!! However, my favorite holiday will be sad again this year. Last Halloween, we had to have my beloved black cat, Loki, put to sleep on that day. :bawling2::bawling2::bawling2::blackcat2: I miss him so very much.

Mamanyt1953, neely, Boris Diamond and 3 others purraised this.

11. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    Oh I cannot wait for those bonfires and slow cooked meals.
    I'm bloated like a dead fish because I made a hog of myself at lunch, but the thought of a hearty beef stew out of the crock is making my mouth water.

I'm so sorry about Loki =(
    Consider Halloween a secondary holiday, next in line to "Loki Love Day". :angelcat:

12. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    I love the colors of fall the most. The lush green of the bluegrass, the orange and yellow of the trees, and the clear blue of the sky. And yes, that honey color of the sunshine. There's nothing quite like it.

Pumpkins 001.JPG

Mamanyt1953, neely, PushPurrCatPaws and 4 others purraised this.

13. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    @MoochNNoodles You mentioned apple cider. Last year, I bought some Granny Smith apple cider. I'm not a particularly big fan of apple cider, but this stuff was good! I made some BBQ sauce, an apple cider cake, I put it into iced tea, and our son scarfed the rest of it down. I'll be getting more this year.

@margecat :hugs:

margecat, Mamanyt1953 and neely purraised this.

14. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    @Mamanyt1953 , yes, I was just thinking about this wonderful light the other day and couldn't put my finger on a name for it! It is almost like the light acquires a warmer and cozier feeling, it seems.

I forgot to mention - apple cider doughnuts :cheerleader:!

I am greatly enjoying learning here what everyone loves about the fall!:fallsmiley:

margecat, Mamanyt1953 and 1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

15. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    Oh, I love those apple cider doughnuts too!

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

16. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    Oh man that sounds good! I'm going to try that!

The orchard I get it from has an apple cider slushie machine. It's often still hot here when apple picking season starts. So they are REALLY good!! They also make the best apple cider donuts. We can never resist getting a box or two...

margecat and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

17. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Thread Starter Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    OH OH OH! I almost forgot! SECOND favorite thing...Hallowe'en, and with it,

upload_2018-8-30_15-52-23.jpeg

My favorite candy in the world! I buy 7 pounds of it...one for actual Hallowe'en, and the rest goes in the freezer to be doled out over the next year, since you can only find it during the Hallowe'en season!

margecat purraised this.

18. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    :yeah: exactly!!

...neither too hot nor too cold...:cloud9: and i'm enjoying it getting light out in the mornings later too!

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.