QUESTION OF THE DAY WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2021

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I live in an area which has some great Italian food and bakeries; I grew up on Fresh Scale Bread.. it is the Italian bread with sesame seeds... So good with just butter... or toasted..

I am a huge fan of Sourdough Bread. The best one I have found is, of course, knowing me;
Trader Joes... SanFrancisco Style.. OMG.. so good.. I freeze a lot of it..

I only have 2 slices in the freezer. I bought an entire loaf, early last week, but ate it all!! I am such a pig...It was delish..

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it similar to Pan Sobao? The bakery I've fallen in love with here uses it for their Cuban sandwiches and it's SO good! A bit sweet against the savory of the roasted pork... I could probably it it way too often. :yummy: :lol2:
havent tried pan sobao the mexican breads are loaded with sugar though :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A fresh crusty baguette with butter. I only use butter now since I found several years ago that there is no health benefit with margarine. I use Land of Lakes for cooking and Kerrygold for table use.

Where I was stationed in Germany they had these wonderful crusty rolls called brotchen. They were a staple for breakfast with real butter of course.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Kerrygold is one of the best butters you can buy. It tested "non detect" for most harmful substances such as DDT.

Nigella Lawson says that everything tastes better between two pieces of bread and that is unfortunately true. I have never met a bread I did not like and have secretly judged all restaurants by whether or not they put bread on the table, no matter what else they were serving.

I love cornbread, scones, sourdough, bara brith probably the most. But any bread will do, especially with butter.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE bread. I have a bread problem. :lol: I love sourdough, garlic bread, like Lari Lari mentioned the bread from Cheesecake Factory, and like game misconduct game misconduct mentioned, Mexican sweet bread, pretzel bread... the only bread I’m not a huge fan of is rye bread (but I’ll still eat it.) Depending on the day, I’ll just eat a piece of toast with butter.
Me too. I love most bread and bread products (even the dessert-- Bread Pudding). I had Domino's recently and actually preferred the Cheesy Bread over the Pizza. Very fattening, but totally delish.😋 You'll never see me give up bread, this is why I could never do Keto or any Low Carb diet. Sorry, I love my carbs too much.:lol: