QUESTION OF THE DAY WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Some of the members have been having a discussion about bread in the What's for Dinner thread. I look forward to the farmer's market every summer when a family owned bakery brings their homemade bread. I have tried so many of their breads but absolutely love the "raisin walnut" bread. Whether I slather it with peanut butter or just plain butter it's always a special treat.

SO FOR TODAY'S QUESTION, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAD AND HOW DO YOU EAT IT? 🍞

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Germany which is very proud of its large variety of breads. Unfortunately I live in a small town and there is perhaps less choice at the local bakeries or I am always too late and the best loaves have already been sold.

I find the German bread I can buy rather heavy, definitely healthy but not very appetizing. Although I eat one slice of linseed and sunflower seed bread per day with a strong cheese, I would definitely appreciate being able to buy white walnut bread or even a fruited malt loaf - just occasionally - and eat it simply with butter! :yummy:

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Italian bread (I love Italian everything). I don't really ever eat it but I do, I guess it be with butter or just plain with pasta. I love Texas toast. I eat that with pasta sometimes. I also love DKB. We make sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs, and toast with it. My favorite kind of DKB is their raisin bread with grass-fed butter.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't eat much bread, but from time to time I'll buy an egg challah from the local market. I like how soft it is.

But pre-pandemic when I would travel to western Europe for vacations, I always loved the bread wherever I was and think that they taste better than the bread from back home (Canada). Maybe because I was in vacation mode? Or maybe because the flour is different? Who knows...

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE bread. I have a bread problem. :lol: I love sourdough, garlic bread, like Lari Lari mentioned the bread from Cheesecake Factory, and like game misconduct game misconduct mentioned, Mexican sweet bread, pretzel bread... the only bread I’m not a huge fan of is rye bread (but I’ll still eat it.) Depending on the day, I’ll just eat a piece of toast with butter.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i got another favorite bread to those mexican sweet breads you can get at mexican markets
Is it similar to Pan Sobao? The bakery I've fallen in love with here uses it for their Cuban sandwiches and it's SO good! A bit sweet against the savory of the roasted pork... I could probably it it way too often. :yummy: :lol2: