Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 1, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm... I think it depends on what door you come through. The foyer has 3 tall bookcases, a train table and a canvas bin of stuffed animals. Oh and a balloon solar system hanging from the ceiling; but I really need to take that down. If you came through the back door you'd be in the kitchen/office/dining/school room; which is also Mooch's domain. You'd see all our school stuff; textbooks, bookshelves, supplies, teacher books, visual aids, a white board propped up on Mooch's chair because I have no wall space for it...

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Firstly, please tell me a couple of hours before you are to arrive to inspect my house! I am not dirty or gross but I am disorganized and a bit messy. I clean the messes every day and make new ones.

You would notice books, paintings, eclectic decor, and cats, once they come back out. (You would probably only see seven of the nine.) You would also notice that my adult children have a sense of humor and like to put things up high so that I cannot reach them. Usually, it is a cut out of Little Debbie and two sticky ninjas. Oh. And a baby picture that was in the newspaper. Little Debbie is tucked on top of a print of the painting Three Women and Three Wolves by Eugene Grasset. Two of the four sticky ninjas are sticking to the ceiling in the living room. (The cats love to stare at them.) The random baby is tucked into one of my wedding pictures.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first thing you would notice is the cat trees- there are 4 of them in view. The second thing would be no cats in sight, as they would disappear at the sound of the doorbell. Third would be nothing fancy about the furnishings or the house itself. You wouldn't see bookcases as they are upstairs where visitors seldom go.
I agree with that, you would never know I have cats if you visit, I have to bring them food and water under the bed if someone stays all night!
So glad it's not just me who owns invisible cats.... Lol

For me people would probably notice the aquariums first, followed by lots of cat toys (but no cats) and then the books... I have two bookcases in the lounge but sort of behind the door, and then three more in the spare room. All full top to bottom with extra books on top :)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would notice....my music,all the cat pretties I've acquires through the years,my doxie collection, coffee cups,all with cats and all different,my teacups.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Craftsman furniture that are my favorite
I love Craftsman furniture! Our house is a Craftsman-style(ish) bungalow, which is my favorite style of house, and the tv stand is a Craftsman sideboard. I had to get new knobs for the middle cabinets because they were lost in transport, but the ones I picked out (antique knocker style pulls) look good on it.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would see my collections scattered throughout in a chaotically organized way and wonder if I prefer collecting items or dust. Also, cat toys and beds in almost every room, so you'd know mine are spoiled. :lol2:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two doors to get into the house, but the door we use day to day is the (eat in) kitchen door. So you would be walking into a semi organized mess of kitchen stuff and random crap that I haven't put away yet. You would know that we don't use the table in the kitchen for eating...it is the catch all surface. If you happen to see past the clutter, you will see that I have an eclectic collection of decor and furniture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, I totally forgot to mention the 132,457 cat toys that are scattered all over the place, the FIVE cat beds, and the giant cat tree that looks like a real tree. And for ONE SPOILED CAT!

The fact that the entire large central part of the house is a yoga space. :)
I am wildly jealous. I keep thinking, "MUST get out that yoga video and the mat," then realizing that I would have to pick up 132,457 cat toys and move the coffee table with its iron base, and sinking back into the chair in despair.

And that I dearly love Agent Pendergast.
ME TOO! His brother, however, leaves much to be desired.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You'll notice that I suck at decorating. :paperbag:I only have a small sofa, small recliner, a trunk (the coffee table), two bookcases and an electric fireplace in the living room. There's a big, unused area under the bay window. We had the large Christmas tree there. When I threw the tree out, I liked the open area, and didn't rush to fll it with furniture. It does make the room look unblanced, though. I also have virtually no knick-knacks, just a large candleholder on the coffee table, and a basket with the remotes in it. There is three-panel abstract art painting above the sofa that everyone likes, though. I just like things uncluttered for aesthetic reasons and it makes it easier to clean.