Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 29

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday! :runningcat:

Oh boy do I have itchy feet for travel. So I'm just going to go ahead and throw in a nice little travel related Q.

Which seat do you prefer on a plane? Window, middle or aisle?

I'm definitely team aisle! I like the comfortable easy access to be able to go to the bathroom whenever I want :lol: (As someone with a history of Kidney Disease, so important to me in particular!) And I honestly don't mind needing to get up if my companion has to move. First to get food and drinks too. Plus a little more room for my legs when appropriate. The window is cozy and cool but I find you really only get to enjoy the views briefly during landing or lift off, otherwise it is too bright or too dark anyway. One of the many perks of being a solo traveler, so far I've only had aisle seats :yess: Not sure if pure fluke but I'm not complaining.

The only downside is that it can the the most noisiest spot, where people might get up, stand around and talk to each other right beside you when you are trying to sleep in the middle of a red-eye flight.

My least favourite would be a middle seat.

tenor.gif

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve always liked the window seat. I try to use the washroom before I get on the plane. When I get on the plane, I’ll just have a cup of coffee and that’s it. From my experience, I am usually good for bathroom breaks. If I did have to go to the washroom however, I have no problem politely asking the individuals beside me to let me out. I also enjoy not being beside the “traffic” in the aisle. I cannot really sleep on planes, but it is more relaxing for me to be near the window.
Eveliina usually travels with me and she probably finds it more relaxing not to be near the aisle traffic also. I’ll always try and reserve a window seat for her. :hearthrob:

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need an aisle seat as my legs make up about 5'5" of my 5'11 body. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Used to have to fly a lot for work. I am an aisle, middle of the plane, right hand side. Aisle because I hate disturbing people if I need to get up. Middle of the plane because it has the least tilt (or it feels like it) when the plane is going up or down and right hand side because I am a lefty and I hate bumping elbows with people. I don’t care much for leg room or not because I am so short but I will pay extra for this seating if you get priority boarding with it. That is another short person thing. I need space to get my bag up over my head and into the bin.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always preferred the window seat so I can watch the scenery, but the last time I flew my claustrophobia told me I'd prefer an aisle seat (I'm usually traveling with my family and we'll swap seats freely so nobody is stuck with what their ticket says). So I don't know if I was just particularly anxious that trip or if that's how things will be from now on. It's gonna be awhile before I fly anywhere, it seems.

My brothers always order alcohol to deal with the anxiety but it doesn't really have that effect on me.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. The first and only time I've ever been on a plane, I was 12. I had the widow seat, and enjoyed looking out the window, but now being very tall, leg room would be important for me, but at the same time, I don't know if I would like the feeling from others standing over me if I was in an aisle seat or having people bump me walking by...Flying in general doesn't appeal to me at all.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on who I’m with. When my kids flew with me I gave them the window and took the middle. DH took the aisle seat. Being plus size and introverted; I preffer the window to feel out of the way. Once when flying alone I got the middle seat next to a big dude. It was not comfortable at all (and I was quite a bit thinner). If its just my family in a row; I don’t care so much. Its just really unpleasant to have my personal bubble so small.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the window too! I like to look out of it and dont like people bumping my arms and elbows passing by. One time my mom bought be a plane ticket to go see her and she said " I got you aisle specifically so if you need to pee or stretch you can!" which was very nice but quite the opposite of my plane philosophy. (I didn't say anything though of course.)

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Window. Last time I flew was in 2005 out of John Wayne in the morning. I had the whole back half of the plane to myself. Flight attendant said I could come up front if I wanted. I passed. It was nice. lol

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My previous job I used to fly 2-3 times a month I always asked for window seat near the wing.
Flights were so regular that after my first year i didnt have to ask..lol
Last flight to Japan I had an aisle seat and hated it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to fly a lot for my job, and after I retired, I flew every month to see my mom who was living in an assisted living community several states away. Always aisle. I hated to feel trapped. I also hated to use the airplane restroom, so I usually wanted to get off the plane quickly. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two or three seats in a row so I can stretch out.

Which isn't a choice and never happens (except one flight from South Africa to Zurich, where the seat next to me was empty and I had so much blessed room to actually sleep)

I have to pee a lot, so aisle is good. Window is fine even if I have to crawl over people, because I have a place to leave to sleep. The middle is the worst and what I always seem to end up with because I'm cheap ad don't want to pay extra to pick my spot.