Question Of The Day - Tuesday, September 19

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday! Hope it is a good one :hyper:

Which celebrity chef would you most like to fix you a meal?

For me, probably Daniel Mezzelo.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Chloe Coscarelli, an award winning vegetarian chef and best-selling cookbook author who opened hew own restaurant in the Big Apple.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Either Alton Brown (because thing of all I could learn from him....he doesn't just tell you what to do; he tells you why) or Ina Garten, although I think she would intimidate the heck out of me.

Or Nick Stellino. I really enjoy Storyteller in the Kitchen on CREATE and I think he would be fascinating to talk to. But again, I also think he would intimidate me, too. (And he and wife have two cats!)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Since I've never watched any of the celebrity chef shows (I can hardly believe this myself) I will have to choose a non-celebrity chef who nonetheless turned out terrific meals every day. Often gourmet, they were always nutritious and delicious and if I could cook like my mother did, I would be in much better health. Mmmm. I love the thought of eating another of her meals again.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bobby Flay. Southwest U.S. cuisine is a favorite of mine and that is what he is known for it. I would probably ask that the spices be dialed back a bit, he is known for being pretty heavy handed with the heat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can I add Julia Child to my list? I loved watching The French Chef on PBS as a kid (despite the fact our non-cable tv had really poor reception and the few channels we could get was mostly static-y) and I still love watching the reruns.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At one time he had 16 Michelin stars. He's the best chef and he's sexy. So I'm going with Gordon Ramsay. I've also heard he smells really good.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either Alton Brown (because thing of all I could learn from him....he doesn't just tell you what to do; he tells you why) or Ina Garten, although I think she would intimidate the heck out of me.

Or Nick Stellino. I really enjoy Storyteller in the Kitchen on CREATE and I think he would be fascinating to talk to. But again, I also think he would intimidate me, too. (And he and wife have two cats!)
yup, i'd choose Alton Brown too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
yup, i'd choose Alton Brown too.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom you know, Alton's coming out with a new Good Eats. Exactly where the show will land is undecided; I had read in a different article that he was kicking around the idea of coming back to the Food Network......if the powers-that-be can find space between all the Chopped episodes and the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episodes.

I'll be watching! I've really missed Good Eats!
Alton Brown Teases the Return of ‘Good Eats’ With Spooky Video

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Alton Brown, hands down. He's a natural teacher, plus he creates food real people eat. Second would be Rachel Ray because she, too, makes good food that's not way out there.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't had cable in so long I'm not sure I know who to pick anymore. Although I did hear one guy recently visited my home town (not where I live now). He might be a Travel Chanel guy though.

I do like following Ree Dummond online so I'll go with her. :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom you know, Alton's coming out with a new Good Eats. Exactly where the show will land is undecided; I had read in a different article that he was kicking around the idea of coming back to the Food Network......if the powers-that-be can find space between all the Chopped episodes and the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episodes.

I'll be watching! I've really missed Good Eats!
Alton Brown Teases the Return of ‘Good Eats’ With Spooky Video
wow!! that would be so great!