Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 23

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Being broke. I had a friend that was always broke. I thought she just was mismanaging her money. Although she told me her paycheck was eating up by her rent and expenses, I kind of didn't believe her. She had nice cloths, so i though she was taking too many shopping trips. I was young and in a different financial situation than her. When I finally experienced being broke for myself, I felt so judgmental. I did call her and apologized for passing judgment and not trying to really understand her perdictament. Boy, did I feel like a jerk! You live--you learn!!!🙂

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Panic attack. I am not the kind of person who, until that particular moment, ever panics so it took me totally by surprise. My son and had taken a tram ride to a mountain observation platform. It was a huge platform and maybe 30 people were there and as soon as I got off the tram and saw that everything was seemingly miles down, I was in trouble. Had to sit on the floor and try to not act like I was feeling for the twenty minutes or so it took for the tram to return. If I hadn’t been able to get on it I knew I would be hyperventilating or worse. Needless to say, never again to both visiting a mountain top or having a panic attack.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have experienced getting broke, depression and anxiety attacks but still I cannot understand why its happening to me. I mean, the Universe is so unfair at times.

Also, somebody I love passing away. I know it is sad when having to look at others experiencing it. But when one goes through it like losing a mother, or somebody very close to you, it hurts like hell.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Divorce, I couldn't understand how they got so messy. In my head you just split assets and made sure the kid's were okay. Well as okay as they could be. Boy now I know how wrong I was. It took years for me and my first husband to be civil afterwards. Such a shame our kid's didn't get to see it when they were younger. Sad because we get on better as friends than we ever did being married.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Military life, especially during wartime. There is no understanding of it from the outside; it has to be experienced.
Yes. Being a military spouse vs a military brat vs a civilian is a whole different ballgame as well. Living it is the only way to understand it.

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My stress response tends to run in the direction of high-strung, but I had chemo-induced depression when I had cancer treatment about 12 years ago (it's a thing!) and I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see! THIS is why you would not get out of bed / take a shower / do anything at all." I "understood" on a very superficial level that some people are prone to bouts of depressed mood, but I had NO IDEA that it can feel like flames lapping at your feet & you cannot escape, but instead you are stuck in that Hell. It was a REAL eye-opener for me.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Also, somebody I love passing away. I know it is sad when having to look at others experiencing it. But when one goes through it like losing a mother, or somebody very close to you, it hurts like hell.
This. I always felt bad for someone that lost someone close but never truly got it until I experienced it.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys might laugh but snow and ice..
Lived through 2 winters in the USA and spent most of my time on my butt falling down icy steps and paths, putting out the trash was a major adventure, trying to get in the car when the door locks are frozen, opening the car window and a sheet of ice falling in on you and all the other things that an Aussie just cant cope with..lol