Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 22

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salutations! Happy Tuesday ~ :geekcat:

If TheCatSite.com existed in 1922, what sort of questions would be asked or topics talked about?

My best guess:

"I require assistance in removing unsavory vermin from my establishment of a sea vessel, may one recommend a breed of cat who may sufficiently clear away these critters? I hear tales of the great prowess of many-toed felines. Many regards for your assistance my fellow ailurophiles"

"Hello! We have a cat named Norman who works with us at the local coal mine. He is a good chap however he appears to be of regular conflict with our pit pony Bessie. What remedies may be done to help rectify their relationship? P.S Norman also appears to fancy going on a toot at the local gin mill then have a wee nap on me bunk"

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm guessing in 1922 it was common for people to let their cats outside but I wonder what vets thought about it and whether people realized indoor cats lived longer. :think:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say it would be women wishing their husbands would let them keep the cats in the house, at least that's what I'd be discussing if I were alive in 1922. ;)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess a lot of questions would be similar to the ones now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe how to keep them from attacking those fabulous tassels all over those flapper dresses.
I'd say it would be women wishing their husbands would let them keep the cats in the house, at least that's what I'd be discussing if I were alive in 1922. ;)
My grandma was born in the 1920s. She always talked about one of her parents keeping cats and the other keeping dogs and them never agreeing about which could be in the house. :lol:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
wow ... i love the 1920's and the flapper girl clothes but i really dont know what they would ask back then ???

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Cat Column, (there would not have been a "Site.")

My cat has lost interest in chasing mice. How can I get her back to work? She just sleeps in the window sill all day long! I'm getting tired of watching the mice braid her whiskers, but she shows no shame.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I think Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is pretty well on the mark.
And back then vets were more involved in farm animals than pets.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
BCCAEF29-41F9-4B33-A3F0-6106E7FD47CE.jpeg
This doesn’t answer the question, but I just read the excepts from this book, where all of the characters are reimagined as cats, and it’s hilarious! There IS actually one mention of a cat in The Great Gatsby, but I cannot recall where.