Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 2

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely like to meet Mark Twain. He was a very witty and gregarious --larger than life kind of person. Here are some of his sayings about cats.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction."

"If man could be crossed with a cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat."🤣😂🤣

I would also love to met Ernest Hemingway. After all, he had many cats and polydactyls at that. It is no surprise that they are also call "The Hemingway Cat". The Hemingway Home and Museum in Key West, FL has 60 or more cats with half of them being polydactyls. Here is one of his famous quotes. "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”

I am sure there are many other famous cat lovers through out time. I read a book some years back about Julia Child (the famous cook) and her life living with and loving cats. She absolutely adored her cats. She was also frequent visitor of The Cat House on The Kings cat sanctuary in CA. I highly recommend the book
Julia's Cats:Julia Child's Life in the Company of Cats. A good read.

I am so glad that there are many famous cat lovers out there. What's not to love? :catlove:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although not a "historical" figure but a big cat lover - Doris Day.
Doris Day would be my choice. She was my hero.

Also Betty White, John Lennon and Mark Twain.

I used to work in DC and one day when I went on my daily walk I passed a man that look exactly like Mark Twain. The only difference was that he was so evil looking. I though he was some kook but then I remembered it was Holloween.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
H.P. Lovecraft. I just want to know why he named his cat the way he did...😅
Also, I'd love to get an insight into his thought process

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
H.P. Lovecraft. I just want to know why he named his cat the way he did...😅
Also, I'd love to get an insight into his thought process
Oh he was wildly racist. Even for the time and his station in life, he was extra super racist. Apparently a lot of the monsters in his stories were allegory for other races too.

. . .and my brother did a DNA test and he popped up in the "famous people you're related to" section, so that's interesting. Can't be direct descendents though, because he never had kids. He does look a lot like the men on my dad's side.

I suppose I'd pick Mark Twain to meet. He sounds like he was fun to talk to.

Last edited: