Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 12

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings Everyone! Happy Tuesday :bluepaw:

So as we all know, for many of us, the snow has arrived!

Thanks weather for the total 180 :lol:

Anyhoo!

Would you rather live in a High/Epic Fantasy World or a Hard Science Fiction World?

As much as I love magic and the mystical medieval style lands and creatures, I'd probably lean towards Hard Science Fiction world. Access to modern health sciences and the ability to explore beyond the imagination. Granted, definitely a long list of pros of cons to both overall!

kittycatcare

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is tough!! Probably would depend on the world...Am I flying on a dragon fighting giant troll monsters trying to destroy my castle? Then I choose fantasy! Or am I flying an anti- grav shape ship through wormholes and discovering new galaxies for the human race to inhabit? If yes - Science Fiction for me!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going with Fantasy. When I think fantasy, I picture magic, mystical forests, magical creatures, a place of endless possibilities. Kinda like Harry Potter meets Cinderella. Who needs modern technology when you have a magic wand and can speak to cats!!!!
Where as science fiction, although cool, because I love learning about the universe and do love science and physics, it also means too much high tech and cold metal. In my head, there is no warmth in science fiction, it's all artificial.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Difficult choice... I lean toward science & science fiction, but riding a dragon would be awesome!!! Maybe get a literary dragon into Clarke, Heinlein, et al, with a touch of Lovecraft to keep things interesting, LOL. :eek2:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably sci-fi. I'm more likely to read a sci-fi book than a fantasy one, so that was my main reason for choosing it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would choose the one that had indoor plumbing, bathrooms, shampoo, soap, etc.electricity,

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Fantasy.. with lots of magic. I've just been rereading Robin Hobbs Assassin's Quest where the main character and his wolf share their minds. That would be really cool. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you rather live in a High/Epic Fantasy World or a Hard Science Fiction World?
Fantasy because that means I can have whatever I want, right? No more struggling and just be at peace, with everything Demi, Maggie, and I need.