Question Of The Day - Tuesday, May 28

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone!

What is something people are usually afraid of but you're not?

First comes to mind would be clowns. Almost everyone I know pretty much hates them or is terrified of them (Granted, thanks to certain recent events, I'm sure it isn't making things better or easier!) But I had always liked them just fine; I've had clowns visit me in the hospital as a kid after all my surgeries and during my long stays - they always made me laugh and feel better, and cared so much in doing so and were so kind. So never developed that same kind of fear or animosity.

Another example might be haunted places, I could comfortably march right into any scary looking place. Respectfully, of course.

How about you guys?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snakes and spiders. I personally think snakes are beautiful and down right cute sometimes. I have a pet snake who I think is quite the handsome fella!
And although I get the "creepiness" of spiders, they have never bothered me.
I'm even "bug saver", if the situation allows for it.
And like you, I have no issues with supposedly haunted places. And although I'm not a fan of clowns, I'm not "afraid" of them, I just don't like loud, over the top, "performance" type people in general. If you're genuinely funny and a bit loud that's fine, but when you start to creep closer to the obnoxious line, that's where I draw it.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in places being "haunted", so that issue is pretty much settled, as far as I'm concerned ;)

I have a fear of heights, but only if it's an open space, like the edge of a cliff. I've always enjoyed flying, especially if I'm in a window seat.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
snakes, insects, flying. Definitely not afraid of clowns. Or the dark, although I do get a little creeped out when my cat come up the stairs growling and hides under the bed in the middle of the night. (Actually happened a couple nights ago. Got brave and went downstairs, looked out all the windows and didn't see anything, so I went back to bed.)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not afraid of spiders, snakes, clowns, insects including bees and wasps, the dark, certainly not ANY cats (I would of course give the big cats much respect and a lot of distance, as they are nondomestic, belong free in their habitats (if they still have any) and should never be in captivity except in accredited sanctuaries if necessary).

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not afraid of spiders, snakes, clowns, insects including bees and wasps, the dark, certainly not ANY cats (I would of course give the big cats much respect and a lot of distance, as they are nondomestic, belong free in their habitats (if they still have any) and should never be in captivity except in accredited sanctuaries if necessary).
But what if it were a spider/snake hybrid dressed as a clown with an army of insects and big cats all in the dark? ;););)
Clowns are only strange in context, if you've got someone handing out balloons and being all friendly that's fine, but something like Pennywise the dancing clown is another story :help::running:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Horses. It's amazing how many people who have never been on a horse don't realize they're afraid until they're sitting in that saddle.
The first time I got on a horse, I was 8 years old, riding bareback and using a hackamore made from baling twine. I went tail over teakettle into a snowbank, got up and dusted the snow off, walked the horse to where I could climb back on, and off we went again. Too dumb to be afraid, I guess..