Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 25

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Not sure what's the longest, but this year I drove from Hobart to Brisbane (except for the bit that's water :lol:) on the inland route.. at least it was meant to be, but I kept hitting floodwaters, so had to continually re-route. It would have been around 2,500ks.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember a 14 hour road trip to a conference in a group once. We were caravaning and DH got pulled over driving our friends parents car (the friends were with us). Our other friend was leading the little pack and pulled over too. Since we were just following our friends the cop decided to give our friend in the lead car the ticket and let us go! :doh2::eek::doh: :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Minnesota to Florida many, many times. Sometimes it was as little as a full day, but one time it took many days because our RV broke down in Kentucky and we had to wait for it to be repaired. As for me doing the driving, probably Minnesota to Chicago, which took about 6 hours.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From central Florida to western Massachusetts - around 1265 miles. It took 2 days because I had my kids with me (all under 6 years at the time) and it seemed we stopped at every bathroom along the way! I did this drive twice a year after we moved to Massachusetts for several years until my mother passed away. My second longest was done in 1 day was from home (western Massachusetts to Charlotte, NC (over 750 miles) for a cat show.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From Northern Ontario to the Florida Keys. I don't know how long it should have taken hour wise, but it took us 3/4 days as we made many stops along the way. It was a family trip when I was about 13.

Just looked it up....From start to finish it's approx. 1775 miles and would be a 27 hour trip with no stops....if taking the I-95 S.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid and my dad was on leave, we'd come back to the US for a month or two at a time (in the Navy they get 30 days a year and we didn't do it every year), they'd fly us to California, because that was our Home of Record, then we'd drive throughout the US visiting various family members.

First to Texas to see my uncle (10-12 hours, usually one day), up to South Dakota to see my mom's parents and sister (about 20 hours, usually 2 days), to Rhode Island to see my dad's parents (about 24 hours, 2 or 3 days). Then back to SD for most of our stay, as those grandparents had a separate garage apartment so we didn't feel rushed/crowded there. Then back to CA to catch the plane. So, yeah, lots of driving, lol.

Unfortunately my dad is not the sort who likes to stop at roadside attractions and such, or it would have been more fun. We only stopped for bathroom breaks and meals, and he was even cranky about those.

Last edited: