Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 17

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Late Edition*
My pardons, I got my days mixed up :sweat: It's been a busy month!

In the meantime, greetings everyone! 🌸

What's the weirdest compliment you've ever received?

Likely more peculiar sounding outside the medical field, but I was told many times by nurses, doctors and one dentist during moments where I required a needle that I have "beautiful veins" :lol: Not that I'm complaining, thought it was kind of flattering! And hey, if it makes people's lives easier as they do their thing so be it!

compliments-kollektivet.gif

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve had several people compliment my feet. 👣 They are wider than they were prekids and I don’t get pedicures; but I do like being in sandals so I guess that’s a good compliment to get.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone told me "you clean up nice"

Granted, they only saw me at the office everyday and I never "dressed up" for work (always presentable, but no need to impress). It was at a holiday event celebrating our 20th year in business if I remember right, at a very fancy NYC restaurant so obviously, I dressed for the occassion.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That I look a lot like Emma Stone in LaLaLand. It was very random and she isn't someone a lot of people would compare me to. But I guess it was her demeanour, personality and style in the film as well. Thank you, Russian biology teacher, it's a compliment I won't forget at least.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My track and field teammate said I have pretty feet. It wasn't creepy or anything because I was friends with her, but if a stranger said that to me, I'd probably get creeped out.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was told by an elderly WalMart cashier that my N95 mask really showed off my beautiful eyes! Figures I'd get a compliment about my looks when 2/3 of my face is hidden...:flail:I've "known" him for years, and he's so sweet. He loves to talk to every customer. I make a point of trying to go to his lane when possible.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
At a dinner when I worked for a bank a man asked me where I had got my nose "done".
He said he really liked it. (I haven't had my nose done, ha!)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get compliments on m skin often and, with the exception of my husband's compliments, it is always a bit weird. Often, they will ask what I use on my skin (rosehip oil on m face). But more often than you would think, they ask to touch my skin or, worse yet, they just touch me. Once in the drug store, a man complimented my skin and then followed me out to my car with a broken-off fake fingernail. He asked me if it was mine. I said no. He said, "I was just wanting to see if you had a wedding ring on because I would really like to touch you." Gross. It is a small village, so I see him sometimes.

I do have extremely soft skin.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
While back home in my country just recently my son said to me:

"Mama, you smell the same."

I don't know what he really meant, but I figured it means I still do not smell old. LOL.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That I was eclectic. I don’t think of myself like that. I always say if being boring was an Olympic event, my husband and I would take the gold! I guess maybe to the ‘normal’ person I might be. If I get interested in something I immerse myself. I can’t do anything halfway. Some of my interests would seem strange to some- like breeding, grooming and showing the cats.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a maintenance engineer one place I worked..a loud, rough and tough bald headed big guy mid 50,s who looked like he should be brawling in the wrestling ring but very respected for his ability.. He scared everyone in the place. He was working fixing a big mill and was trying to fit a part and I said in passing why dont you try this??. Later on he came up to my office and said...You Feffing Einstein come down downstairs, i want you to look at something else.
Sort of backhand compliment coming from him..lol