Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 28

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many greetings and Happy Tuesday!

What kids show was so good when you were little that you could watch every episode again as an adult?

I actually continued watching Arthur and Fairly Odd Parents well into my late teens 😆 But nowadays I would totally go and rewatch Wishbone or Hey Arnold!

laimau-cat.gif

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up I liked the cartoon, Mighty Mouse and the tv show, Leave it to Beaver. I watched Rug Rats and Zoobilee Zoo with my own children. My students at school loved Sponge Bob Square Pants.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Arthur was a great show! I will watch it if it's on. And Hey Arnold has a following for how deep some of the episodes were, it was a great show. And Arnold's Grandparents were so funny!
Ghostwriter was very popular when I was a kid. I loved that show, but would get really annoyed that the cast seemed to change almost weekly!
We never missed a night of SNICK in the early to mid 90s, or anything Nickelodeon related in those years. I will gladly watch any old episodes of Clarissa Explains it All, The Secret World of Alex Mack, All That, Round House, Are You Afraid of the Dark, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Kenen and Kel, right down to the Nicktoons like Doug, Rugrats, and Ren and Stimpy. (Doug is kind of an Arthur type show, very cute and kid relatable.) That Big Orange Couch was a lot of fun.
I was about 6 years old when the Simpsons went from a Tracy Ullmam short to a sitcom. I am not a huge fan of "modern" Simpsons but those classic episodes are still quotable IMO. I'm still a big fan of Grandpa Simpson, especially when he wore an onion on his belt (which was the style at the time).

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good is relative, but I rewatched all of Jem as an adult and enjoyed it in its ridiculousness. Nostalgia wise I'll watch the 1983 My Little Pony as well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to age myself with these but

Davey and Goliath
Gumby
Scooby Doo

From more recent times. I watched these with my DD.

Spongebob Squarepants
The Power Puff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Laboratory
Arthur
The Magic School Bus

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
The Electric Company
..and, I kinda knew Monty’s Python’s Flying Circus wasn’t for kids, but loved it anyway.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good is relative, but I rewatched all of Jem as an adult and enjoyed it in its ridiculousness. Nostalgia wise I'll watch the 1983 My Little Pony as well.
I was obsessed with the Escape From Catrina special!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Electric Company
..and, I kinda knew Monty’s Python’s Flying Circus wasn’t for kids, but loved it anyway.
Same! I watched Python all through secondary school whenever I didn’t have to go to bed early. Loved The Goodies, too. Still surprises me that it was meant to be a satire for adults - they showed it at 6pm here, right before Doctor Who.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think any of the shows I watched as a little kid were so great I’d watch the whole thing again. I do like finding odd episodes of things like The Banana Splits or Kimba the White Lion or Adventure Island online, but it tends to be curiosity satisfied, end of story.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid? There wasn't a whole lot of kiddy programming. Maybe Captain Kangaroo, or Howdy Doody, or Pinky Lee. Of course, there were a few Saturday cartoons, and the Mickey Mouse Club, but the latter was aimed more at teenagers than tykes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love The Jetsons!! I guess that was the beginning of my 'neediness' and obsession with Star Trek!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shows we watched aren’t on any more - Our Miss Brooks; My Little Margie; Sky King, The Lone Ranger…
I remember all of those shows. We must be the old farts of the forum. LOL. The shows I would like to watch the whole series are Lassie, The Real McCoys, The Andy Griffith Show and Leave it to Beaver.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently rewatched The Torkelsons online because I loved it so much as a kid.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember all of those shows. We must be the old farts of the forum. LOL. The shows I would like to watch the whole series are Lassie, The Real McCoys, The Andy Griffith Show and Leave it to Beaver.
Hey now; I remember those shows too and a whole lot more, like the Millionaire, Ozzie and Harriet, Life of Riley, and a Saturday cliffhanger detective serial, Boston Blackie. I guess that makes me a member of the club too.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Rocko's Modern Life as a kid and also kid game shows like Double Dare. There used to be a cable channel called Nickelodeon Games and Sports that I watched all the time in my late teens/early 20s that played game shows from my childhood. I was so disappointed when they got rid of the channel.