Question Of The Day - Tuesday, March 20

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! Happy Tuesday!

:bluebutterfly::purplebutterfly::bluebutterfly::purplebutterfly:

Spring and Easter are just around the corner! So with that in mind....

Favourite Easter Treats?

One of my all time favourite seasonal goodies is Laura Secord's Cream Eggs:

Awwww yeah. Good times!

I also enjoy those little Robin Egg chocolate candies.

I am sure there are many more examples that will pop into my head later on, but those came to my memory first!

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And a happy Tuesday to you too!
I really like the chocolate and shredded coconut nests they sell at Walgreens. Yummy :bunnydance:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs.

But when i was little there were these colorful hard candy coated eggs with a semi-hard sweet white paste inside i never see anymore. Probably discontinued because they caused diabetes. They were sooooo sweet!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs!

I also love stale peeps. Like, they're not fantastic fresh, but we always left them out a week or so and let them get stale and chewy and then I love them.

I like jellybeans, too. Especially the black licorice ones.

I like too many treats. That's why I can't lose these last 15 pounds. :doh2:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kreatorcat Kreatorcat . I'm with you in liking Cadburys cream eggs...very rich but lovely. I live in the UK where they are in abundance.@cassiopea. Your favourite eggs look yummy. Maybe we should have a swop scheme.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying really really hard to ignore this thread...
sm-02.gif
groan.gif

(Brach's speckled jelly beans, Cadbury milk chocolate eggs, Robin's Egg malted milk balls
groan.gif
)

Ok, let's all go work out now
jumping-rope.gif
jumping-jacks.gif
sit-ups.gif

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cadbury eggs here too! Although I really like the chocolate and caramel filled ones too. I was so proud of myself for not buying any when I got the kid's Easter basket candy. But I've regretted it several times since. :lol:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love Chocolate Easter eggs - not sure if they are a Global thing however every shop is currently stocked up in the uk. It must be Cadbury’s though !!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What happened to yesterday's Question of the day?
It's my understanding that sometimes life or other predicaments get in the way and the member responsible for the Question of the Day simply cannot post. But do not fear, I'm sure they will be back at their regularly scheduled day next week. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my understanding that sometimes life or other predicaments get in the way and the member responsible for the Question of the Day simply cannot post. But do not fear, I'm sure they will be back at their regularly scheduled day next week. :)
OK. I can take a hint. I won't ask again.

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just remembering something I haven't had in a long time. We had it at Easter when my parents would go to a special bakery and get something my mother called placek makowiec, a poppyseed cake, but actually, this I am thinking of is a bread rolled with a lot of poppyseed filling, it is quite flat and was very delicious.:)

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs for sure!

Followed by Reeses Peanutbutter Eggs.

For something less sugary.. my mom's Easter Bread, she only makes it once a year.. my great grandmother made this tradition. can't wait! (Sausage and pepper bread)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat much candy, but my Mom LOVED the marshmallow peeps. They make me smile and when I bring flowers to her grave on Easter, I have included in the past, a peep (I wrap it in plastic) and it makes me smile.:)
But how does it get wonderfully stale if you wrap it in plastic? :insertevillaugh:

Does anyone else eat lamb cake on Easter? My grandma used to make one and we've forced my mom to carry on the tradition. Yummy. :yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But how does it get wonderfully stale if you wrap it in plastic? :insertevillaugh:

Does anyone else eat lamb cake on Easter? My grandma used to make one and we've forced my mom to carry on the tradition. Yummy. :yummy:
I remember lamb shaped cakes for Easter back in the 70's. I do like Peeps. I also like to leave the package open so they can get "stale". I used to make Easter baskets for DH and DD for many years. They both loved the Cadbury creme eggs ( I hate them), Reeses anything, jelly beans and the required Russell Stover bunny. DH liked the white one and DD loves the cookies & cream one. I was the Easter Bunny in our house and never made a basket for myself. When DD was small, she used to ask why they got baskets but I did not. DH in his infinite helpfulness just told her that I was bad that year. :rolleyes2: :bunny:

DD still gets one. I also still have DH's basket too. Maybe this year, I'll fill his with catnip mice and treats for the kids. Now who's the bad one?? :anticipation:

He would approve though. He would have loved them (and they would have adored him) if he were here... and not allergic... :rbheart::loveeyes:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love See's butter cream eggs with dark chocolate.
What happened to yesterday's Question of the day?
I didn't know you could get See's candy on the east coast. We have it here in Arizona.
I'm from Maryland and I get a friend to send me Mary Sue chocolate covered coconut, peanutbutter, and pecan nougat eggs. I especially like the spicey jelly beans and marshmallow peeps too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I'm voting for the Cadbury cream eggs, for sure. Now, way back when I seem to remember a whopper malted milk egg. They may still make them. Loved those.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easter candy was never a favorite of mine, but I did like theCadbury eggs and whatever was chocolate. The ones I hated the most were those Peeps. Yuck!

R raysmyheart - We have a grocery store nearby that carries all sorts of ethnic foods, and those poppyseed cakes are one of them. They are good, and I pick one up sometimes. I figure all those poppy seeds will help whatever pains you.