Question of the Day - Tuesday, June 9

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday today!

I stole this Q from a morning radio program I was listening to :lol: Since many of us are heading into the summer season too, I thought it would be fitting.

Where is the worst/most annoying spot on the body to get a mosquito bite?

For me personally, I would say the fleshy tip of the finger. At that point not only does it itch, but it really hurts all around!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got a mosquito bite on my "hoo-hah" once. A mosquito flew up my shorts while sitting at a campfire.
NOT FUN! :lol:
Try scratching THAT area without getting weird looks. So basically, it just looked like I had to pee all night as I shifted and moved from the itch as I tried (and failed for the most part) to ignore it.

Butt and toes are a close second.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I got a mosquito bite on my "hoo-hah" once. A mosquito flew up my shorts while sitting at a campfire.
NOT FUN! :lol:
Try scratching THAT area without getting weird looks. So basically, it just looked like I had to pee all night as I shifted and moved from the itch as I tried (and failed for the most part) to ignore it.

Butt and toes are a close second.
I can’t imagine getting bitten anywhere worse than my hoohah!:flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm... I've had one in the middle of my forehead that wasn't nice. That skin doesn't swell well so it looked big and tight.

DS got bit on the side of his face once and it made the bottom of his eye swell shut on that side. He was only 2 or so at the time so we ended up at the pediatrician. Poor kiddo.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, pretty hard to compete with Jem Jem ’s experience! :lol: But I’m like Elphaba09 Elphaba09 ’s husband, a mosquito magnet. One morning my husband and I loaded up our bikes to try out the waterfowl preserve on the northeast part of the Great Salt Lake. We made it about halfway around when the mosquitos found me. They attacked everything: ears, nose, mouth, legs, arms. It was just this huge swarm that must never have eaten before. And they were interested only in me. Didn’t poke one proboscis in my husband. I’ve never peddled a bike that fast in my life. Thirty minutes of hell. I flew into the parking lot, threw my bike on the ground, and slammed into the truck. I was a mess. Panting, I took a huge drink from my bottle of water...and spewed it all over the truck. One of the little ba...um...insects had flown into my water bottle. It was like Hitchcock’s The Birds with mosquitos.

I had a similar experience at Chincoteague, but I was close to the car so it wasn’t as bad. Whew. I hate mosquitos. Six needles to suck your blood.:biggrin:

WATCH: Mosquitoes Use 6 Needles To Suck Your Blood

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I get big big welts from mosquito bites that take days to go down so getting one on my face or neck is the worst. For anyone who gets itchy bites or rashes the best way to stop the itch is a hot bath or hot compresses and doses of ibruprofen.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm also not really a mosquito magnet and the bites don't bother me too much. I know a lot of people here are allergic to mosquitoes so when they get bit, they get huge red spots. I feel bad for the students, people don't like to use air conditioning here unless the really have to (high electricity bills and potential for overloading the grid), so they leave windows open and the kids come in covered in mosquito bites from while they were asleep. "Teacher, ouchie" they say. And you ask if it was a mosquito and they just nod sadly and go "I HATE mosquitoes."

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One got me on the neck bone and it's pretty annoying. That bone that kinda sticks out to the right beneath your neck, near your shoulder. And it looks kinda ugly.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Anywhere near the eyes. I'm really allergic to mosquito bites and if I get bitten near the eye my eye usually swells shut, as well as turning red. I'm sure it looks like I've been involved in a punch up or something.

:paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know that bone that sticks out on the side of your ankle? Yeah that. Right on top of a bone, itchy and painful at the same time! It was miserable.