Question of the Day - Tuesday, June 8

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK... I suppose the friendly guy who likes to chat and laugh..was in a Cafe yesterday watching a big guy struggling to get out of a super low sports car and I dropped a silly comment to the people around me and next minute we are all joking and laughing like old friends..I like goofing around and I think it shows..lol

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think people assume I'm friendly that's because I talk to total strangers, e.g. waiting in line at the store, on public transportation, in restaurants, etc, . Every time I would strike up a conversation with someone my kids would say, "there she goes again, can we just get out of the store once without mom talking to someone she doesn't know." :lol: I just like people in general and not at all judgmental of others.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have serious RBF so they think I am antisocial and generally pissed off. They would be correct. :)
This is me also, although I had honestly never heard of RBF until I just googled it. Also I'm an introvert, so people think I'm mad and stuck up. I got so self conscious when I was younger, I can't tell you how many times, starting in high school, I heard "smile!" Well, nobody goes around smiling all the time, I can't help the way my face looks at rest.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned along time ago 1) People will always judge you 2) And you shouldn't give a darn what they think! I got some of the same nonsense that other members mentioned here. I got the "stupid" remarks for just being blonde (I am no longer blonde, so I get lot less of those comments now). If these people spent a few minutes speaking to me, they would think otherwise. I also got judged for being too simple because I am a tee shirt and jeans/ yoga pants person, while these people want to show off designer labels.🙄 Might I add the people who judge me the harshest are very materialistic. I even had a few of those kind of "friends" who passed judgement on my lack of shopping/spending habits and they wound up in tremendous debt.:doh: Finally because I feed outdoor cats, I get the "she must be crazy"-- that's why she feeds outdoor cats judgement. If people want to believe that one, that's their problem-- not mine. If kindness= craziness, than I am complete nut job!!!:dizzy::sweat::lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That I'm lazy and also somehow not physically strong despite being on the larger side. I moved 2 cubic yards of river rocks and completely landscaped my backyard by myself. I pick up my 50lb puppy like she weighs nothing.

I also think a lot of people don't think I'm autistic because I don't "look" autistic. :dunno: Also being an autistic woman, I've been pressured to conform to society more than males have, so I also don't act like a stereotypical autistic person.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
People who see me first time and those who are not close to me find me intimidating, especially when I was a bit younger. I do not have to open my mouth to speak. I don't know why. Even some of my relatives say the same. They tend to avoid me, which is quite fine as I also just want to be left alone.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up with an inferiority complex and was very shy, so it was tough. I find that quite a few people question my intelligence when they hear me speak since I have a southern accent. I am at the age where I generally don't care what people think of me. There are still areas that I feel judged in though. Speaking isn't one of them since I have spoken before large groups of people and have been asked back to lecture again so I couldn't have been terrible. ;) Now I think people find that I can be pushy, for lack of a better word. If I receive poor service and see no reason for it I will say something. I think that comes from working retail job that had the emphasis on customer service for 20 years.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, good question. I've never really thought about that.

I guess in the country I live now people are a bit wary of me because I'm a foreigner. They're probably taken aback by the dyed hair and the piercings or they'll think I don't speak their language, so they try to avoid making eye contact. I always try to smile and say hello to people. Particularly staff in shops or restaurants. I used to work in retail, I know how your heart sinks when an intimidating customer comes in. I try to be especially polite to anyone who is serving me.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder about this a lot actually 😅
I think they used to think I really stood out, your typical weird kid. From a small village, eccentric clothing style, hair dyed in all sorts of colours.
But now, I think it depends on how I style myself, and that's really interesting to me. I think it isn't weird that you assume different things about a girl in a spencer with a blouse underneath and a girl in a crop top with a mini skirt. So I enjoy playing with those expectations.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That I'm mean and stupid. I have RBF and I can't help how my face looks. Once when I was in 4th grade I was going to my teachers desk. For no reason she screemed at me saying in front of the whole class "why don't you ever smile, why are you always looking so mean, etc". I was crushed that a teacher I liked talked to me liked that. I was very shy and never caused any trouble.