Question Of The Day - Tuesday, June 4

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy first Tuesday of June!

Are you primarily a Visual learner, Auditory learner, Reading/Writing learner or Tactile/Physical learner?

I am definitely a visual learner! I do best with that method (With a hint of physical).

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably visual but having said that, I find that if I do a course at work eg. physical intervention training then all the reading about the subject doesn't compare to hands on.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A combination of all learning styles, exept for auditory.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say a combination, and it depends on what i'm learning about.

i'm visually oriented, and remember quite a bit as ...... visual 'pictures' in my mind. and i will think through portions of projects in my mind, picturing how things could best be done. i do very well with intructions with (good) technical illustrations.

with mechanical related things, i need to actually see what needs to be done, partly because i have very limited knowledge in that area. even better, is tactile/physical learning. i learn very well, by doing.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Visual and tactile/physical. I'm dyslexic so reading and auditory just does not "compute" in my head right.:p
I learn best "on the job" and believe it or not, by watching TV. It's amazing how much I retain watching educational documentaries, but that also means that I have a huge repertoire of stupid commercials and jingles bouncing around in my head all the time too.:lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a combination of them all, except auditory. If I read about something, then see it done, then do it myself- with someone watching to make sure I don't screw up- then it's all good from then on.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading/writing and visual for me. I can figure anything out if I've got written instructions. Which reminds me. My son put in a fire stick for me, but left with the instructions. I turned on streaming, but when the movie plays, I get audio but no video. I had to cancel the streaming. Anyone have a clue?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I am learning. Reading/writing seems to work the best for most things, but sometimes I need audio or tactile learning to step in and help.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Visual/kinesthetic. It depends on the subject. I wish I knew this way back in elementary school. Most things I learn fine visually but things like math; I really benefit from hands-on learning. You can hold a visual aid up in the air (like my teachers always did) or pass one around; but until we get to really play with it...it does me no good. You can bust out some equations on a chalk board and you might be speaking Greek. I need to do it myself. I struggled with math until I took a self paced math class in college. :disappointed: It was amazing to feel like I suddenly understood math!!

I've spent some time reading on learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic mostly) so that I can choose books and curriculum for my kids based on how THEY need to learn. This is one of the biggest advantages to homeschooling for me. :agree: DS's math program teaches with blocks that work sort of like legos. It's very fun!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Most definitely visual. You Tube video’s help me enormously when I am learning how to do something or learn a new tool.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My brain is more likely to retain information when I use my hands. So, I'm more of a hands on learner. When I try to solve a math problem or need to remember something for a test, it makes more sense/sticks when I write it out.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Visual, then physical in that order.
Let me watch someone do whatever it is I want to learn, then let me try it and get help or critiqued, try again, then bam.
About 40 years later, I've somewhat mastered the craft, or at least stopped nailing my foot to the floorboard or setting random fires :thumbsup:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For years I thought I was more of a learner by writing but now I'm a mixture of writing and a visual learner. Bright colours and diagrams help me a lot when it comes to needing to revise or memorise something as do bullet point notes etc.