Question of the Day - Tuesday, June 2

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone! Happy first Tuesday of June!

What Is Your Love Language?

Here is the jist of the "5 Love Languages":

Feel_Good_Friday_020720.jpg

I would say that I like a blend of Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service. And while I don't require gifts for myself, I realize I also do a little bit of gift giving for others - If someone is going through a rough time or did something really helpful, for example, I like putting together for them as an act of kindness or thank you.

How about you guys?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely Words of Affirmation - I always try to see the good in people and let them know either with a compliment or encouraging words. It doesn't take too much effort to be supportive and let someone know you care. :rbheart:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I am greedy because my love language is all of them. I have tried to take the test, but I cannot choose between many of the choices presented, starting with the first one. I love everything my husband does for me, and he is constantly expressing that love in a variety of ways.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Physical touch. The thing is; I’m VERY particular about who touches me. I grew up in a huggy family and church; so that’s one thing. But it is NOT my first inclination to hug someone who is upset (except my kids when they were little). I have to step outside myself to do that for friends. It can be very uncomfortable. My son is also and it’s interesting because its much easier on me if he snuggles up next to me than DD; who is an acts of service/words of affirmation person. She can be very sensitive to words and tones.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'm nearly 100% Acts of Service. I tend to be pretty independent and if I'm with someone in a long term relationship, I trust that they are there for the right/real reasons. To me, doing things shows genuine caring and that they are considering me in their decisions.

I like a nice gift now and then, but honestly that stuff doesn't matter to me as much as it did when younger.

Conversely, I think I'm a mixture of all of them towards others, but mostly Acts of Service, Quality Time and Giving gifts. I could improve on the others

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to be a downer, but none of them. My family stinks at all this stuff. We do NOT touch, we don't say "sappy things" (words of affirmation), we don't give gifts. We do stuff for each other occasionally, but not regularly. . .the house is definitely not "always clean"! And while we like to spend time together, we're also usually playing with our phones too, so it's not exactly quality time. We joke that we don't actually love each other, but we don't dislike each other either, so idk :dunno: .

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We joke that we don't actually love each other, but we don't dislike each other either
Well at least you don't go to extremes either way. Maybe being in the middle is the best way. Not too sappy, but not like my mother either. 👍